Best Pal

Best Pal

A Story by Daryl
"

Unspoken words of a buddy who wants to be someone's best...

"

 

 

 

 

            I am now having the time of my life, for I have finally found someone that I would consider as my best buddy.

 

            Since kindergarten, our family used to transfer from one location to another, searching for good living to support our increasing daily needs. This instance gave me the feeling of loneliness for I have no permanent friends. It means that everytime we transfer to another place, I have to say goodbye to my used-to-be-with children in our neighborhood.

 

 

            It is only during college that I’ve found my best pal.

            While walking with him on one of the roads in our university, I had these thoughts in mind: Hey, man! What’s up? You look quite good today. Well, you always do. I know very well that you are taking so much care of the way you look that when one gets close to you, they would see the fine assets that you have. I remember the moment when you sent me a text message that you are having your 8 o’clock-in-the-evening habit--sleeping. That’s good for that lessens your pimples. That will surely boost your appeal. How many girls were already linked to you? Is it 4 or 5? I think it’s more than that.

            Come on, boy, speak up. I wanted to hear something from you. You are so used of being silent that you appear uneasy when you are with me. But I can’t blame you. Perhaps, I’m the most boring person you’ve been with. You see, I’m also used of being silent, but that is only when I’m not comfortable with the people around me.

            I used to be with my self in silence, with my own thoughts and ideas. When I reached 12, I already started hating, and getting shy of, silence. I want sound, even noise, everywhere. But when I met you and when I started making friends with you, I again appreciated the beauty of silence, and the peace of mind that it gives me. I realized that silence is not something to be ashamed of. I can enjoy serene moments with you, and that characteristic of yours makes you grab the top rank in my friends list.

            I am wondering what is in your mind right now. Is it the results of the exams, or the projects that we are supposed to do? It is hard for me to delve deeper into you because you use to keep things to your self. You were never that open when it comes to things suddenly popping-out of your mind. You don’t even mind telling me that you are already having a severe headache, and that you can’t already control your wobbling legs.

            You are having so much privacy in your life, and I respect that. But you know, it is not good to create marble walls around you all the time. Your tendency is too keep things secret, and you would end up repelling those people who wanted to know more of you. You end up pushing away those who care and those who are just concerned.

            I’ve been missing you these past few days. Although we are classmates in all our subjects, we never had that much time together. I know that you’ve got some serious office work to do. I understand that. Do you remember when you won in the elections for a position in the college council? You had my full support. I feel like I won, too!

            I’ve got some difficult work to do in the school publication as well. I know you understand. I believe that we will soon get used to this.

            I miss the crazy things we usually do-all the crazy conversations, laughing out loud, and sharing some dramatic ideas. Sincerely, I miss you. I wanted to hug you, but I don’t think you would like me to do it; I’m not comfortable with it either. There are only three people in our class whom I’m comfortable of hugging. I wonder why you are not one of them.

            Don’t you know that according to what I’ve read, “We need 4 hugs a day for survival, 8 hugs a day for maintenance, and 12 hugs a day for growth”? We might act like we have nothing to do with this, but as they say, “Life is too short to hide affection”. I hope we could apply this.

            Well, there’s your office. How I wish the road is longer than the way it is. I still wanted to be with you for a longer time.

            Do you know what my greatest wish is? I wish someone in this big world will be able to understand how I feel-will comfort me and make me blissful, will give me importance, will be willing to give time to know the real me regardless of my mood swings, and knows what I feel even when I don’t say a word.

            I wish that someone is you. You are my pal. I hope someday, you would also consider me as one.

            It feels like you saying “See yah later” and getting in to your office took only a fraction of a second.

            Take care, best friend. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*written: August 29, 2007, 8:13 am

© 2008 Daryl


Author's Note

Daryl
It's weird. That's the thing that we have in common. ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on March 31, 2008
Last Updated on March 31, 2008