Kimmy is a Person

Kimmy is a Person

A Story by angel frankie
"

Kimmy is a person :)

"

Kimmy is a sixteen-year-old girl with long braids. She is a Taurus. She likes to go for jogs and hang out with her friends, Jason and Isabella. They are always very kind and patient with her. Kimmy is an artist by night and a Walgreens worker by day. She crochets clothing and little animal plushies and sells them online, but first, when she began crocheting she sold them to her friends at school. Then, she began selling them online and created a small business. Kimmy has a little kitten named Pancake and a mouse named Honey Nugget. She lives in an apartment on Emerson and Potter street in Philadelphia with her mom Toni, Pancake, Honey Nugget, and her sister Happi. 


Today was a good day. It’s now October but it’s still warm enough to walk around outside without your veins freezing over. Kimmy woke up with the sun, around 5:30 am, and went for a morning walk before getting ready for her 8 am shift at work. As she walked, she heard the birds. They sang to her, only the songbirds did. Kimmy smiled at the sky. The sun shined so brightly it blinded her. Kimmy soon looked down at her maroon-colored leather watch. She began jogging, avoiding the ants and the cracks in the sidewalk. She soon made it back to her apartment. Kimmy loved seeing the houses that surrounded where she lived. She loved where she lived. 


When she walked into her apartment, her mom, Toni, was in the kitchen. 


“Up so early, huh?”


“Yes, mommy. Course!” Kimmy exclaimed breathlessly. 


Her mom smiled. “My hard worker…” she said as she pushed the scrambled eggs around in the pan. Toni was wearing a light pink cozy robe and her frog slippers. 


“Not that hard, Ma,”


“Kimmy!” Her mum scoffed. 


Toni!” Kimmy said sarcastically. 


Toni turned to her. “I made you some eggs, hun,” 


Kimmy entered the kitchen after kicking off her green and white striped gym shoes. She inhaled. Green peppers and onions, my favorite! Kimmy thought. “You did?! Thanks mommy!” Kimmy wiped her bumpy forehead with her hands. 


“I know its your favorite, so i added some peppers and onions…”


“Awe, mommy! You're the best!” She hugged her mom from behind and her mom smiled and closed her eyes. 


“Coffee’s in the pot, baby,”


Kimmy clicked her tongue. “Oh, mom. You’re the kindest mom in the world, you know that?” Kimmy walked deeper into the kitchen. She stopped walking, her hand on the coffee pot, and she frowned. “B-but, it’s Saturday. You don’t even work today and you’re up? Before 6am?”


“Course! Baby, you have a job now and whenever I can, I want to make sure you have everything you need. You know, I work sometimes and I can't be here to help you, so when I can, I will help you, even if that means waking up early…” Kimmy and Toni laughed. “...help you with coffee, breakfast, reminders… I can rest later, mkay?”


“Okay, Ma. Thank you,” Tammy hugged Toni. “W-hey! I re-remember to do stuff…” Kimmy crossed her arms. 


“Mm, sure. That’s why your to-do list on your bedside table didn’t include breakfast.” Toni took a drink from her coffee cup.


“Ok, ok.”


Toni sighed and smiled. “I just want to be here for you, baby,”


“Thanks, Ma,” 


Toni smiled. “How is, ahem, your art going, huh?” 


Kimmy walked through the kitchen and sat on a chair. She turned to look at her mom who was standing in the kitchen. “I love crocheting. It’s fun, mom, but…”


“But what hun?” Toni followed Kimmy after serving two plates with eggs. 


“Nothing, mom. I’m ok. Do we have any sugar?” Toni placed the plates down and they began to eat their meal together. 


Toni smacked her lips together. “Oh! Sorry, babe. I think we're out,” 


“Ah it’s ok, Ma.”


“I forgot…”


“It’s alright, Ma. It’s okay,” Kimmy touched her mom’s hand that was resting on the table.  


“No, hun, it isn’t. I know your stomach can’t digest coffee black,” 


“Thank you for remembering, but I-I’m tough. I-I’m a tough girl,” Kimmy smiled. “Is Happi awake?” 


“No, hun. She’s still sleeping.”


“Mm,” Kimmy sniffled. “Let her sleep in. It’s the weekend,”


~To be continued~

© 2022 angel frankie


Author's Note

angel frankie
How did you like it? Please let me know :))

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on March 21, 2022
Last Updated on March 21, 2022
Tags: Kimmy, October, cooking, mundane

Author

angel frankie
angel frankie

Chicago , IL



About
Im angel frankie and I love lots of things. I try to spread kindness and positivity and wholesome vibes everywhere I go and I feel that comes out in my story writing. more..

Writing