To The Office of the President

To The Office of the President

A Story by Angela Posey Arnold
"

The Media does not speak for me.

"

Dear President Bush,

Sir, I want to thank you and I want you to know I thank God for you. When you were running for President I prayed for God to rise up godly leaders for our nation. We are a Christian nation and we must have Christian men and women making decisions in our country or democracy will not work.

So, I prayed for you to be elected. I watched God raise you up to the point of being President of the United States of America.

I think you have been a great President. It seems as though I must be in a minority but it doesn’t matter to me. I still think you are a great man and you have served this country well. You have been faithful to the promises you made to protect us, to not compromise your morals and standards and you have done exactly what you said you would do. For that, President Bush, I thank you. I thank you for your faithfulness and your courage.

I suppose the last two years have been a relief for you in some ways. With the media squirrels running around chasing nuts, they have gotten off your case. Being against you since the beginning the liberal biased media is destroying our country. It is not because of who you are or anything you have or have not done. It is because of the spirit they follow. You know that I am sure. The good thing about it is, all we have to do is turn off the television. I am very good at doing that. I suppose you are too.

You are still the President of these United States, One nation UNDER GOD, and you will be until Tuesday, January 20th. 2009. You still have many decisions to make and your job has not stopped just because the media is focused on other things. I continue to be on the Presidential Prayer Team. I continue to pray for you. You are my President and my brother in Christ and I for one am proud of you. You have served with honor, unwavering in your faithfulness to God and to this country. I love you.

Mrs. Bush is a beautiful portrait of a lady. She has graced the White House with her grace, love and beauty. I remember when you were running for President you said, “Yall are going to love Laura”. You were right, many of us do. Oh, we don’t make the news but God knows, you make sure Mrs. Bush does.

We are just the regular folk. I am a 48 year old RN, Christian Inspirational author and writer, disabled from a terrible truck accident, married 20 years to my husband who is a retired pipe welder. We live in rural Alabama and serve God and our country every way we can. I am the aunt of a Marine who served in Ramadi and Fallujah. He is home safely and continues to be a Marine.  I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a pianist, just a regular southern girl. I am only one vote.

Recently, I signed up for a group on face book in an effort to promote my writing. I was quickly told that I am “one more backwards lady.” Well, I may be backwards but I am looking upward and eastward. I know where my strength comes from. If it were not for my faith in God, I would be terrified at this point in history. But, I know this is His Story. I believe every Word of the Bible to be true and inspired from God. I know Jesus and He knows me. If that makes me a backwards lady then so be it. I find joy in it.

Our nation is in trouble. I know you have done everything in your power to keep us safe. The terrorist attacks of 9-11 were not your fault. The war in Iraq was not your fault. Capturing Saddam Hussein was a huge victory. We have won in Iraq. If anyone tries to say you leave the Oval Office in shame, I do not believe it.

When you leave, you hold your head up high. Because you have been a true leader. You have been and are a great President. Actually, it scares me to see you leave office. But, I have read the back of the book. We win.

I just wanted you to know how I felt. The Media does not speak for me.

Respectfully,

Angela Posey-Arnold

Angela Posey-Arnold

2 Chronicles 7:14

 

 

 

© 2008 Angela Posey Arnold


Author's Note

Angela Posey Arnold
Not trying to please the media--or the world. Just the truth as I see it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I appreciate your message and your courage. I disagree with you on one point however...I no longer believe that we are a Godly nation. Our nation has forgotten Godliness. We are a nation of self.

Thank you for your courage and writing. Nicely done.

CT

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Added on October 24, 2008

Author

Angela Posey Arnold
Angela Posey Arnold

Hillsboro, AL



About
Author�s Short Bio My name is Angela Posey-Arnold I am a 48 year old published Christian Author and retired RN. (prematurely--long story) In addition to an array of writing projects I.. more..

Writing