And Then Came God........

And Then Came God........

A Story by Angela Posey Arnold
"

A story of how God works to bless others thru our obedience to Him.

"

 

And Then Came God

 

In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:6 NIV)

 

The first Sunday of revival at Wheeler Grove Baptist Church in Wheeler, Alabama was more than we expected. After all the special music was finished and the Pastor had started his sermon the doors to the historic church opened and all eyes were directed to the back of the church. The pastor stopped his sermon. In the doorway stood a formidable man dressed in desert camouflage. He walked down the aisle and addressed the congregation. He asked for prayers as he was preparing to leave for his second tour in Iraq.

 

I am not sure about how the Holy Spirit acts with other people but with me sometimes He pushes. Gently, but He does push. And very persistent He is. During that memorable service I had the overwhelming need to give the Chaplain some money. He never asked for money but I felt much led to give him a check for $250.00. I don’t know why it was $250.00 but that is exactly what I had to do. The Chaplain graciously accepted the donation and assured me that he would somehow use it for the troops. I trusted this, no question.

 

And then came God…………..

 

During his deployment the Chaplain wrote to us, sent pictures and we prayed for him. He returned safely but changed. He came back to our church when he got home. He thanked us for the prayers and the letters of support and encouragement. He thanked us for the love offering that he took with him from our church. He told us what he did with it.

 

During his deployment to Iraq he witnessed the fall of Baghdad and the fall of the statue of Saddam Hussein. The love offering stayed in his pocket through three months of war never having the occasion to be used for the troops. On his way home from Iraq he was in Kuwait Airport preparing to fly home. He noticed an “unofficial checkpoint” where evil men were charging our troops an extra $250.00 to board the plane.

 

There in the Kuwait Airport an army private was trying to get home on emergency leave. He did not have enough money and no credit card. From all appearances the soldier wasn’t going to be able to get on that plane. The Chaplain walked up to the counter where the checkpoint was and laid down the $250.00 love offering given to him at a small country church in rural Alabama. As he laid the money on the counter he looked at the man and said, “Now you let this boy go home.” And they did.

 

And there was God.

 

 

© 2008 Angela Posey Arnold


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

Angela Posey Arnold
Angela Posey Arnold

Hillsboro, AL



About
Author�s Short Bio My name is Angela Posey-Arnold I am a 48 year old published Christian Author and retired RN. (prematurely--long story) In addition to an array of writing projects I.. more..

Writing