Annoy people with your happiness

Annoy people with your happiness

A Poem by anais.vionet
"

a story poem - about the pandemic and family

"
Annoy people with your happiness.

My brother is reading a book on the couch. I stealthily approach like a panther - stalking my prey - and I pounce!

I come at him from the side and begin smothering him with kisses, as fast as I can.

I’m on him with my weight, the kisses continue, all over his face like a slobbering dog.

Brother: *laughing and bringing up his hands to push me off* “STOP!”, he says.

We’re a tangle of hair and flailing arms as I continue my relentless onslaught, I grab his wrists, to pin him down - but DAMN, he’s strong - he rotates and easily, almost effortlessly, tosses me away onto the couch. “Ok”, he says, breathlessly laughing - “I love you too, Happy Easter.”

The TV’s on and the forecast is thunder storms - which, around here means tornadoes.
The ordinary, milling mob of disasters get no holiday just because there's a pandemic.

Me: "A tomato alert!!" I yell out, in feigned, exaggerated panic!
My sister isn't here to be annoyed - which takes some of the fun out of it - but still - you can't beat the classics.

My mom placed a grocery order about an hour ago and the delivery is on its way. We haven’t tried this before and I’m as excited as Christmas. We’ve been out of Cinnamon Life cereal for a week - the breakfast of champions - and grape soda and many of the life giving basics that teenagers need to survive.

When I was little, and waiting for something, like Santa, my Dad would *gasp* and freeze - like he heard something - of course, all the kids would freeze as well, listening like - this might be it!! Then, after a moment, he’d say “Na, na, na, na” and shake his head side-to-side to mean no. The kids would *groan* and relax and a few minutes later - at random times - the process was repeated.

I’m at the TV room window, watching and waiting, impatiently for the delivery guy. The rain has turned on and the trees in the yard are pushing each other in the wind, like paying children.

“Huuuuh!!, I gasp LOUDLY, *freezing*.

After a few moments no delivery guy. “Na, na, na, na” I say, shaking my head side-to-side.

My Brother: *rolls his eyes*.

This is only the 10th time I’ve done that.

© 2020 anais.vionet


Author's Note

anais.vionet
all comments welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on June 9, 2020
Last Updated on June 9, 2020
Tags: family, teen, pandemic, brothers

Author

anais.vionet
anais.vionet

GA



About
high school student more..

Writing