6

6

A Chapter by Amy Cowan

I heard something last night. I heard people talk. I actually heard other people. Maybe I am not the only prisoner in this house, maybe I could find a way into the next room and find someone to talk to. I wouldn't care who it was I just need someone to talk to. Cat and Grim are good friends but they use actions and thoughts, not words. At first it was whispers I heard. I thought it was just the wind but then I heard a slamming as if someone was being pushed and the words got louder until they were being shouted. It was a women who sounded quite old but not like the housekeeper and a man who was very angry. I kind of recognised his voice. It was as if I knew him but I didn't. He had a sweet caring tone but he was getting more and more angry. I was moving closer to the door but as quietly as possible. I was acting like a mouse hiding from a trap. The thing is this room is my trap and I cannot hide from it. I listened in closely but at first I couldn't make out what they were saying. Just as I was about to give up in listening in I hear the man say you cannot do this to Jemma. By saying my name I knew the man must have known me so names came rushing through my head. I did not know many men. Names such as the minister and my maths teacher came up. My imagination then went wild and wished it was my father coming back after all those years to save me from my evil gran, to get me out of this terrible place. Then I imagined the minister saved me and let me live with him or my scary maths teacher. After I thought about my maths teacher I got freaked out and returned from my daydream into real life. Maybe I just stay permanently in a daydream, I could be the daydream girl. It sounds really cool. This man was telling my Gran not to do something to me. Was she planning to hurt me and I have nowhere to run if she does. Their argument went on for a while I eventually gave up listening. He said it is not right to keep me here and it is not safe and she said “I have her under control”.  She has me under control, I was not out of control in the first place. I wish I could recognise that man’s voice and then I may know what he wants. Will he rescue me? I hope he does. Well most of my day was spent thinking about the conversation last night. They started whispering again so Cat and I fell asleep. Grim did not want to fall asleep but Cat and I managed to fight him. 



© 2013 Amy Cowan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Peaks the readers curiosity about this new stranger, making them feel hopeful for this damsel in distress. Nice work.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on November 7, 2013
Last Updated on November 7, 2013


Author

Amy Cowan
Amy Cowan

United Kingdom



About
I am a student and musician. I play violin, guitar and sing mostly. I love reading and writing. I really haven't wrote much lately but hopefully shall soon!! more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Amy Cowan


Alone Alone

A Poem by Amy Cowan