Matt plays the Piano again

Matt plays the Piano again

A Story by Amgad Agaiby

  Matt opened his eyes. He did not know what the time was. He guessed that it might be an early hour in the morning. However, he did not bother getting out of the bed. He rather preferred to wait for his alarm to ring first announcing that his work was due in an hour. He used to this scheme many years ago since he had graduated. 

He got his first job with this little salary and he decided to give it all his efforts. He was totally devoted and he spent many extra hours in order to gain knowledge and experience. Moreover, he gave up all his favourite hobbies in favour of his job. He felt proud and delighted with the knowledge he had been acquiring. But, deep inside his mind, he knew that he did not enjoy what he was doing. After a while, the knowledge fountain started to dry up and  he was disappointed as well. Every day was the same like any other previous day.  However, he never stopped seeking experience as much as he could. 

Nevertheless, he  acquired a new habbit. He became increasingly reckless. He would give his work just what was needed to keep him away from critisism and he would enjoy the money he got in return. It sounded like a fair deal. Year after year, his soul was dying. He experienced several episodes of low mood and impulsivity became a norm in his behaviour. He turned gradually to unexpected, mad and wiered person. No one couod expect his reactions even himself. 

  One day, he woke up and said that he should put this all this to an end, but as soon as he got out of his bed ,he forgot about what he should do. Although he did not forgot about the idea itself. 'Something should happen' said  Matt to himself on hus way to work by bus. But, no one of the passenger even noticed. Thus, he waited every day to something to happen, but nothing changed. He grew older and so did his experience. Many people envied him, and many other felt pity for him, but no one dared to break his walls and penetrate to his world. 

He met two or three girls who made no impact on him. One girl left an effect on him but he never decided to come closer till he was ready to take such long term commitment. But, she left before even he could be ready to say just goodbye. 

  He had no idea how long he could go this way. But, this morning he felt strange. It was not like any other morning. He felt active and he was in a good mood. Recently, he resumed his old habbit of reading. He read some novels. One of them included a very interesting statement. 'Life is so generous. It always gives us a second chance to do what we should do' wrote the author. He thought about that while he was preparing his breakfast in a hurry. He did not know when his chance would come, but he swore to God that he would never lose it again. While he was eating he opened youtube to watch any video. He picked up a video with a Piano preface. It seemed interesting and he needed some music to kill the time. 

  Once the tones leaked into the cracks of his broken soul, something cheerful surfaced inside. He stood up and went to his Piano that remained silent for so long. He opened the lid and began to play as he had never played before. That was his second chance. He cursed the job, the money and his seniors. This was the moment he was waiting for and he would never let it go. He continued to play while heavens were smiling at him. Another sinner had repented and dame back to life. He fulfilled his owth and picked up his second chance. And, he was thankful..

© 2015 Amgad Agaiby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on May 25, 2015
Last Updated on May 25, 2015

Author

Amgad Agaiby
Amgad Agaiby

Sur, South Sharqyia, Oman



About
I am a wandering soul seeking my personal legend. more..

Writing