popping in

popping in

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

I will probably be setting myself up for speculation with this one -- you bunch of gossipy cafe' people ...

"
does he smile
when she pops
her head in
to his life?
or is it an
illusion
delusion
of immense
proportions
will he
ever see her
for who she
is and not who
he thought
she was (not)

                     sometimes
                     it doesn't have
                     to be love
                     at first sight
                     to be
       right.



© 2016 Lyn Anderson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This cafe person as you called us ;-) wants to know who you're talking about exactly, you're not still on that tangent are you? Please tell me this is a new love interest.............

Posted 10 Years Ago


Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Then don't say OMG when someone questions you ;-P
Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

OOps guess I don't take that expression as Catholic like as I should.:)
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I guess me either, perhaps I should have said act 'shocked'........
Love at first site or not, love grows. And if that love does not grow because they cannot accept who we are, fantasizing over some illusion they have, then there is only one option left, and it's one of the most difficult things to do - walk.
This is a great write, KL. Fantastic work! xo :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

Thank you as always. Been there done that and well taking a break.
wow, yes, not love at first sight, but if given a chance, love can grow on you...

and when people want to make us what they think they see, or what they want to see...that is tough...

we can only be who we are and hope we are loved for it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

I have missed you. Thanks for stopping by.
Well here in the Café there's not much to do but read, write, and gossip. :P

As for myself I know I will wonder what it was that inspired this piece. It is sweet and hopeful, with a little hint of new longing. And of course, many of us would like to be seen for who we are. At times though, I wonder if even we truly know who we are? Cleverly hidden. Such a thought provoking poem.

On a related note, that is quite an interesting picture. A pretty rose to be sure, but crafted in such a way that it appears to be a gateway to somewhere. Very much like poetry.

I tip my hat to you for this one.

-Cara

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

Sometimes I just like to stir the pot.:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 17, 2014
Last Updated on September 2, 2016


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forsaken Forsaken

A Poem by Tai Ryens