poking bears

poking bears

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

Well, when you poke a bear and they won't leave you alone some time you just have to poke back

"
Some people like to
Throw stones and poke sleeping bears
Asleep in glass house


© 2016 Lyn Anderson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seeking shelter built out of ignorance.

And the glass house is a great metaphor to show how stupid some people can be. It's like the three little pigs trying to find shelter in a straw house. People who poke an bears, their ignorance will get them killed some day. Lol, when the bear decides to throw the stone back, just like the big bad wolf, the house will come crashing down.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

Yes, I wrote this with a particular person in mind. I try to keep those thoughts at bay now ...
Don't awake the beast, don't let the genie out of the bottle. But what the heck, you might get three wishes...lol
Seriously A wonderful write...:)..............

Posted 10 Years Ago


Not good to wake a sleeping bear....


Scott

Posted 10 Years Ago


Some of us can't help but stir the pot or poke at sleeping bears but we must always be aware that there are consequences when we don't think things through when we lash out in the moment. Some are drawn to these scenarios unable to stop themselves from waking the bear that sleeps so peacefully. This poem makes you think about agendas and motivations.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I dont poke bears....had a scary experience in Yosemite National Park as a child. Bad year for bears...a few attacks. My dad and I were in a double sleeping bag and woke to the sound of loud snuffling. Then felt something yank the bottom corner of the bag. I almost freaking peed my pants. My dad put his hand on my mouth so I wouldnt scream. The bear tugged twice more then slowly moved away. And we heard someone yelling from another campsite. Then all hell broke loose...people in complete panic. The park rangers showed up but the bear slipped away safe and sound. Lol....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

Wow, quite the story
Geez, can't they see I'm hibernating?

Nicely penned.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I hear ya, and who the feck is Lynne? Way to go, good one M. ;-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I was just having this discussion with my teenage daughter this week.
She has a habit of poking bears...
Must have learned it from me. ha

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

Yeah it's a tough one to break, especially when you are hard headed.
Yes, they do... We call these people "fools"...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2014
Last Updated on September 1, 2016
Tags: poke, bears, stones, throw


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..