Shadows of the Past

Shadows of the Past

A Poem by Ambereen
"

A mistake made in life is not always bad!

"

These little shadows

Are a part of me

Some  mistakes I made I agree

But life is a lesson that I learn

Only when my fingers I burn

 

So when shadows of the past

That is gloomy and dark haunt

I move into the light

Where the future dawns

© 2013 Ambereen


Author's Note

Ambereen
Its a bit abrupt I guess . However it is my belief to let bygones be bygones and look at the future

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i guess all have those gloomy, dark, haunting shadows of their past life...agreed:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


the idea is good, I feel that you can elaborate on this idea and write a very detailed poem. Perhaps you can write another version of this in the future :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the poem and artwork. The poem told the truth. There is darkness and mistakes. We move into the light and tried to do better. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


I totally agree with you. We tend to make mistakes because nobody's perfect, even those with obsessive-compulsive disorders . It has always been natural to make mistakes the first time and make it a step towards improvement. You have written a self realization piece beautifully constructed to capture the reader's attention. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I don't think it's abrupt at all, it says what it needs to say in those words...anymore might have been overkill. Fantastic job, I really like this one!

Posted 11 Years Ago


...I love this poem...it's short and sweet and well written....Nice...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Is it only the past that gives us a shadow? I wonder about this... Might it depend on the sorce of light that reveals the shadow as well? This idea could be expanded I think. A nice mental joust to open things up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good work Amber!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's not bad I liked it though your words seem to be covering the top they go no deeper, unless you think about it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting poem. Attempt to go DEEPER into what you have here. Describe the "darkness" to us. Show us what it's like to have many shadows fallow us around.

These thoughts can easily be enhanced, and magnified. It's entirely up to you to pull in desperation at your readers.

The picture helps, but have your words stand out from this illustration. Have them be two completely different things, yet the same thing, simultaneously.

Just my suggestions. Hope this helps!

--Christoph Poe

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ambereen

11 Years Ago

yes Christoph was looking for suggestions. I knew it was pretty abrupt .thank u

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2013
Last Updated on January 24, 2013
Tags: shadow, past, future, learn

Author

Ambereen
Ambereen

India



About
A Novice to poetry and a Chartered Accountant by profession . Recently i Stumbled on the fact that i could write a few lines with ease . So here i am, i would love all suggestions and reviews from .. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Ambereen


untitled untitled

A Poem by Ambereen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Time ~ Time

A Poem by