11 Easy Mirror Hacks for Minimalist and Modern Interior Update – A DIY Guide

11 Easy Mirror Hacks for Minimalist and Modern Interior Update – A DIY Guide

A Story by Alex Stephen
"

Once he took you to the stadium or showed you the best matches on TV, explaining in detail who the goalkeepers are and why there are midfielders

"

Never mind the size, we all want our houses to look like the mansions on the vogue lifestyle cover. The class, the interior, the furniture, everything feels out-of-the-world and off the grid. 

But, guess what! You can ace up your small space and make it look like la-la land. And you can do all that with just one item, Mirrors!

Here are some DIY ideas to make your home like an Eden garden.

 

  1. Create a Blissful Entryway

Hang a frameless  mirror on the entrance and create a wonderland feel. A giant gilded mirror or vintage framed mirror on the entryway will make the visitors feel like they are stepping into fantasy land. This arrangement is practical in a way that you can have a quick look at yourself before leaving and add some final touch-ups in your preps. 

You can also pair the decorative wall mirror with a console table. Put a simple vase and some neutral colored flowers to top it off. The mirror on the alleyway will make the space look wider and brighter while also welcoming the guests blissfully.

  1. Brighten Up the Dark Corners

Some spaces in the house are relatively darker due to limited access to natural light. Brighten up the dark corners of your house by hanging some mirrors there. Mirrors reflect light up the space effectively. Make a cluster or if you just hang a full-length mirror to have the window-effect. A mirror will not only glow up the space but also create visual interest. 

  1. Set Your Very Own Mirror-Gallery

If you have a collection of vintage, new, framed, ornate, and tarnished mirrors and don't know how to utilize them. Don't give them away. We have an idea to spruce up your space with them. Just make a mirror gallery in the house. Choose a wall and hang your mirrors randomly there. Keep on adding to your collection and there you go. Your own exclusive mirror gallery!

  1. Go Vintage

Do you have your grandma’s hand-me-down mirrors in the storeroom getting all dusty and rusty! Cause you don’t know where to hang them in your contemporary living room. Well, we might have found a place for those antique mirrors in your living area. 

Do you have that nook in the living room that goes unnoticed? Hang the retro-finish mirrors there and transform the overlooked area into a feast for the eyes. 

  1. Top the Vogue with a Statement Piece

Sometimes a single piece is enough to make a style statement. A full-size mirror hung on the living room wall behind the central sofa set will perk up the whole look. The mirror will also go well on the dining room wall. The decorative wall mirror will make an illusion of wider space and add an interest-factor to the space. 

  1. Set Up Magic Cabinets

We all have mighty cabinets in our bedrooms and bathrooms that take up quite a lot of space. What if we convert them into portals to Narnia! (A make-believe world)

Just replace the ordinary doors with mirrors and include an added functionality to the cabinets. You will also save some dressing table space by adding mirrors to the cabinet doors. Moreover, the bedroom will look bigger due to the mirrors. 

  1. Rope In Some Innovative Flair

Got some simple boring mirrors? Here's an easy-peasy way to spice it up!

Take a rope and wrap it around the corners of the mirror one or two times and there you go! All done! The rope frame adds a raw-rustic feel to the mirror. 

  1. Break the Chaos With Symmetry

You can create a feeling of balance and harmony in your home by dedicating a wall to symmetry. Choose a shape, circular, rectangular, square, or any other geometric shape. The circular shape usually delivers a calming feel so you can just go with circular mirrors or bring into use some different sized square or rectangular mirrors. Top up the decor with some similar shaped paintings or framed pictures. 

  1. A Divine Stairway to Fantasy-World

Mirrors on the stairwell are quite an interesting idea. It feels like a journey to the wonderland. Just hang some mirrors randomly along the staircase and add a theatrical vibe to your home. Mirror also makes the stairway feel wider. 

  1. Fancy a Classy Vanity Setup?

LED mirrors are very popular and they are in trend for a reason. They have the power to elevate the interior exceptionally. 

You don't have to buy one to spruce up your space. Take some fairy lights or LED strips and connect them along the ends of your favorite makeup mirror. And there you go! You have a fancy vanity mirror all set up to enhance your next makeup session. 

A DIY LED mirror will not only help you apply makeup easily but also enhance the space.  

  1. Channel Your Inner Artist

If you have an artist in there, somewhere. Just take him out and channel your flair to bring about creativity. Even if you don't find yourself able to draw some intricate sketches, do some abstract art. Take that paint and turn your thoughts into colors. Paint the mirror, be it just a few colored strokes, a subtle art, or an intricate drawing. Hang the mirror in your room or gallery and add personality to your interior. 

 

Let’s Close the Topic!

Mirrors have a magical effect on the interior. Even the addition of a small mirror can do wonders. Take inspiration from others but don't forget to channel your own creativity, only then you will be able to create a unique masterpiece and inspire others. 

Happy Creating

© 2021 Alex Stephen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on August 4, 2020
Last Updated on March 5, 2021
Tags: game

Author

Alex Stephen
Alex Stephen

Glen Cove, NY



About
Hi, my name is Alex Stephen. I am a professional writer and work with www.5staressays.com more..

Writing