A Long Time Coming

A Long Time Coming

A Story by Alexis Caitlin King

It’s been a long time coming.

The moon is haunting on this fateful night, when the wolves cry out to their lost brethren. Keep me not locked away within my own heart; yet tie me up upon strings of silken thread. Words whisper mellifluously across the ash dotted sky. Sweetly kissing the cheek of Gaia, shining their love upon this illustrious earth. Blank, hollowed stares followed through the darkness. Yet I know not the words of lovers, the songs of sparrows. Sleep and fog are synonymous. That muddled atmosphere, which keeps those lit and beautiful, only leaves darkness and agony wherever it ceases to be.

It’s been a long time coming now.

Incandescent; those who know who they are and where they stand. Their ground is sturdy and concrete. Amorphous; drifting off into surrealistic landscapes, of clouds and color and words. Melodies and moods swiftly change and mellow with oncoming tides. Noting duly, nothing is tangible; yet everything is real. Discord and Harmony are a peace, each holding their place upon unvanquished grounds. All who reside here in this Limbo are tranquil and omniscient. They hold secrets that most do not embrace. Time is of little importance, but being of the most. 

Select your stars sincerely, seeing what most sought not to perceive.

© 2011 Alexis Caitlin King


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2011