Here's to a Different Story

Here's to a Different Story

A Story by Alexis Caitlin King

You thought you knew me through and through. Boy, you were dead wrong. I kept that marionette held up with her strings, casting shadows against the backdrop. It’s too bad you couldn’t see through all of that.  I needed you there, but you kept pulling away. Wrapped up in my own strings, I had to cut myself down. My arms and legs limp and lifeless at my sides. I had to teach myself to walk all over again. You thought you could see right through me. Thought you knew me better than anyone else. This world keeps throwing surprises right back at you, doesn’t it? That’s all you’ve ever done.

Thinking,

Thinking,

Thinking.

God, just leave me alone. Nothing you say can bring you back from that place you’ve been. I tried to save your life, but you just broke my heart instead. I can walk freely now, speak the words I wish. You aren’t holding me back anymore. I’m going to be alright. I promise I’ll be alright. These strings are growing fragile, but my bones are strengthening with every step I take. Your bed was made of fire that night, and it made us glow. But tonight’s a different story. Yes, tonight’s a different story.

© 2011 Alexis Caitlin King


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2011