Atlas

Atlas

A Poem by Alexis Caitlin King

As the little things go, we look closer to those we love. We watch them change and grow. Life is full of little quirks that offset the balance. My lovely lights, twinkle softly in the heavens. This night is beautiful, just like the rest. I watch the green tiered comets fly off into distances unknown. I wish I lived among the stars. Taurus would be my neighbor, and Sagittarius my guardian. I seek knowledge from the Oracle at Delphi, careful to avoid the song. She sweetly lulls me forth, telling me all I know. Guiding me through my life with baited hook. Something isn’t right here. I’m living a life mapped out for me. Atlas. Old and worn. It’s all been used before. I wish you were here. I’d discuss all of the beautiful things with you. All of the beautiful things about you. I need you here. Hold my hand as I walk down this path. Maybe I won’t feel all alone. So alone. I’m alone. Save me. Take me from this place and keep my thoughts clear. Destroy this disaster tearing me apart. It’s tearing my flesh right off the bone. Leaving me bare and unkempt. Inglorious. You’re pulling me out of Limbo, taking me back. God, this feels so right. I watch the sucker sit and drink my blood, rich crimson blood, until it’s fat and full. It keeps drinking.

It’s going to go.

It’s going to go.

It’s going to go.

© 2011 Alexis Caitlin King


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011