Guidelines and Tips for Selecting Letting Agents in London

Guidelines and Tips for Selecting Letting Agents in London

A Story by alexedward
"

Redlet have an extensive experience in property letting in central Kent, including both general residential and student lettings. Many lettings agencies offer little in the way of service but charge h

"

Most of us wonder if letting agents are different from other commission agents. It is quite natural to believe that letting agents are just commission agents, but in reality they have a big role to play in lettings. Letting agents Maidstone are known to be advisors as well as letting agents. They offer this dual characteristic because they feel that this kind of offering will get them more business. To a large extent, this strategy has paid good dividends and letting agents in Maidstone are making good fortune.


When you are selecting a letting agents in Maidstone, you will have to check of that agent is a member of the National Approved Letting Scheme. If he or she is not a member of this scheme, then you can check if he or she is a member of ARLA, RICS or NAEA. ARLA stands for The Association of Residential Letting Agents. RICS stands for The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and NAEA stands for The National Association of Estate Agents.  

Before you hire letting agents Downswood, you will have to decide what they will be doing for you. If you simply want them to find a good tenant for your property, then you could select three to four letting agents. If you want them to manage your property, then you may have to be very meticulous in the search. Always check if the letting agent that you are selecting has professional indemnity insurance. This generally covers them against the changes of being sued.


There are several instances in London where dubious letting agents have run away with the tenancy deposit. To protect yourself from such eventualities, you need to have proper insurance cover when you are giving your property on rent. If you want the letting agent to deal with tenancy deposit protection and immediately discuss the right arrangements with him or her. If the letting agents Bearsted are prepared to deal with tenancy deposit protection, then you will have to check which scheme they are covered by.


You will have to sign a management contract with the letting agent, which will have to be read very carefully. By and large, the contract will be prepared by the letting agent, but you will have to read it very meticulously, especially if there are any fine prints. There are some important clauses that you need to check if they are present or not. For example, you will have to check if there is a clause that makes landlords give 6 months of notice or more if they desire to cancel the rent agreement. Here, 3 months is considered to be a reasonable cancellation period.    

 

When you are checking for management contracts of letting agents in Downswood, you will have to check if the letting agent is taking the responsibility for arrangements of the annual gas safety checks. You need to also check if the letting agent will be maintaining all necessary records. Once you have all these checks, you can choose the right letting agent for your property.        

© 2014 alexedward


Author's Note

alexedward
Most of us wonder if letting agents are different from other commission agents. It is quite natural to believe that letting agents are just commission agents, but in reality they have a big role to play in lettings.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on July 19, 2014
Last Updated on July 30, 2014
Tags: letting, agents, maidstone, downswood

Author

alexedward
alexedward

birmingham, hall green, United Kingdom



About
Hey This is Alex Edward more..

Writing