Those Essential Bar Supplies That You May Have Forgotten

Those Essential Bar Supplies That You May Have Forgotten

A Chapter by Alexa Paul
"

Take a moment to look around your bar area, checking that you have incorporated each of the above elements for the best results.

"

When setting up a restaurant, pub or nightspot with a bar area, many people are often so focused on front of house and all the other visible parts that they forget the areas that can’t be seen. This does make sense after all " the visible parts are what define your atmosphere and your patrons. It is important to remember that your patrons will also want quality service. hiring good wait staff is only part of the equation " you need to make their jobs easier by providing them with the right bar supplies behind the scenes.

 

·         Storage Cabinets
Every single bar needs storage cabinets that feature a drainboard on top, usually located nearby to the sink. This will allow your wait staff to place glasses they have just washed directly into the cabinet where they can drip dry and provide easy access. If you are pressed for space it is even possible to get cabinet/sink combinations.

·         Cocktail Units
These sorts of bar supplies are a must for any establishment that hopes to serve cocktails. A unit is perfect for those smaller areas, whereas a workstation is ideal if you’re looking for the whole shebang. Both types will feature side compartments (which are used to store ice, mixers and other odds and ends) so that you can mix drinks quickly.

·         Speed Rails
These sorts of supplies are really only must-haves if you serve a variety of liquors, as they are designed to give your wait staff easy access to the bottles that are most popular. They ensure that liquor is easily accessible without the possibility of it being accidentally spilt all over the place, which will cost you a considerable amount of money.

·         Blender Stations
Like the cocktail units, you will only require these sorts of supplies if you serve cocktails (specifically frozen ones). These stations incorporate your blender, specialty glasses that the drinks are served in, mixer bottles and liquor bottles. Many of these stations are also equipped with a dump sink to quickly dispose of incorrectly mixed drinks.

·         Beer Dispensers
If you serve beer on tap (as many establishments are want to do) direct draw beer dispensers will be vital bar supplies. They go underneath the bar itself, so that the refrigerated keg can stay cold and hidden whilst the name of the beer is visible to your patrons. Tap beer is actually quite popular, as it’s cheaper and tastes better.

 

Regardless of the type of establishment that you are hoping to open " a pub, a restaurant or a nightspot of some kind " it is important that you have considered all of your essential bar supplies. After all, drinks is what will draw in most of your money (if not all of it), so you need to make sure that your wait staff are fully equipped with everything they need to serve patrons efficiently. Take a moment to look around your bar area, checking that you have incorporated each of the above elements for the best results.



© 2015 Alexa Paul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015
Tags: Hospitality Supplies, Restaurant Supplies, Bar Supplies


Author

Alexa Paul
Alexa Paul

About
have you seen ever the what is the mind thinking? No!! Read my blog you will see what my mind is think always. more..

Writing