Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Phetra
"

The past of the Fenris Ulv is revealed, what has caused him to become this two legged devil in disguise and what is his mission.

"

For every good action or being the world has, there is an evil counterpart. This is the way more or less how all universes are created, and my world is no different. In the realm I am from the the sky never ends it surrounds you from head to foot with white and black clouds both at your head and feet. The rainbow bridge between the outer world and Valhalla, where Sleipner brings the souls of those who died in battle is the compass for most and many of the bings in my world. The most powerful evil among us the immortals is my family, consisting of us three brothers The Midgard Snake, Hel, Sleipner, our one sister and least of all our father Loke the master trickster. But one shall know that Sleipner is no longer with us since he crossed over to the other side. But I am getting ahead of myself, now let me start from the beginning and tell you of the tragedy that has been bestowed upon my family for thousands of years. The sole master of the dark, the strongest in our clan of gods would be that of my father, Loke. He was adopted by Oden when he was just a child given a home when his own parents abandon him. In Oden’s home he got the family he never had, but the more that the years passed by Lokes true side would show, his rightful side, and when that side turned out to be dark he was no longer welcome inside Asgard. Loke had been on his knees in front of Oden pleaded with him to not throw them out, them being him and my mother Angerboda. He asked Oden to see past his dark nature, that it could be used for good in the end even if the road there wasn’t the one Oden himself would have chosen. But Oden had refused to let him back in, to give him a second chance, no mercy had been shown by Oden towards his son of choice. Everyone including Thor who Loke had grown up with and loved like a blooded brother had turned him their backs. They had been lead by guards larger than the largest giants the immortal world possessed. The guard leading my mother had been as tall as a house and broad like lie two double doors, and this all because my mother was no small woman as the giant she was she was over 2.5 meters long, with a muscular body made from hard work and constant battle. She was a woman who could take care of herself and had done so for many years before she met my father. She was a skilled fighter, and quick on her feet for being so large, humans would most likely see her as too masculine looking to be beautiful but to my father she was the love of his life and to me she was the most loving mother a Ulv boy could have. At that time when they were shunned my mother was pregnant with me and from what my mother told me later in life it was not an easy pregnancy since I apparently loved clawing at her insides with my ulv claws. Loke had been forced to walk my mother through the darkest part of our realm, Nifelheim, this is a place where the creatures that live there has no compassion at all it is only the survival of the fittest, even among themselves. They eyes are as dark as the darkness that surrounds them besides their irises that are bright yellow. They have no rules or laws nothing to organize them in any way if you are weaker than any of them or all of them together you have no way of pleading to their better side. Just like pleading to Oden didn’t grant you any courtesies, that way these creatures of the Nifelheim dark and the Gods of Asgard were no different. Loke left my mother to give birth to me, alone, while Loke faught of the creatures that wanted nothing but to eat a newborn pup for a midday snack.


Now we live in a place located somewhere in the between, is the place of the dark, icy cold realm of Nifelheim and the light, heat realm of Muspelheim. This is where I, the Fenris Ulv, stalk the grounds day as well as night, in waiting for my revenge to the Asa Gods, not only for what they did to my father; but also for the thousands of years that they kept me bound by the ropes of Gleipner. I stare through the dark fog that surrounds me where I stand at the fine line of light and dark staring towards Asgard, from here I can just barely see the mighty fort where Oden lives in richness. All his children expect Thor being at his side and all of them not giving any of us a second thought. It was not like anyone could see my face but my lips were curling upwards showing my pointed teeth as I hissed into the dark that surrounded me swearing Oden’s blood would run through Asgard before the decade was over. With my fathers blood running in my veins I stand strong before the Gods of Asgard awaiting the perfect time to strike and lead my army into war. The Asa Gods arrogance that they are invincible is their Achilles heel and will be their downfall, even if it is the last thing I’ll do this will be done. You can see the torment they caused me from the scars running across my face, the scars caused by the sword the Asa gods stabbed through my jaws, to keep me from tearing any more Asa Gods hands off. After that my father had gone missing and my mother had been brutally killed for defending my youngest brother Hel I had challenged the murderer to put his right hand inside my beast massive jaws, the fool was smug enough to do so and I tore his hand off in one simple bite. They tried for centuries to keep me chained and locked up but no chains would stand against my strength, their control of me had failed over and over again. It was not until the giants, who were the Asa Gods allies, had made a very fine but strong rope that they succeed. It was made by the roots collected from the rocky hills they lived in. That was the time my arrogance overtook me, I had laughed in their faced and ended up bound for few thousand years. However, their victory was short lived since they thought that the war been won, they had been led on to believe that the evil monster of the dark was forever under their thumb to rule, but what they hadn’t counted on was my stamina or strength and let alone my nifty mind. I had outsmart them and gotten free by slowly weakening the rope bit by bit decade by decade by wetting it and scraping my claws against it while wet.


So, here I stand thousand of years later, a free man evolved from a beast to that of a human man, with nothing but revenge and hate filling my heart. I sworn allegiance with my father, even though he is not here I swore on the knife that cut my skin to draw my blood that I’d make it my life mission together with my brother the Midgard Snake to find out father, Loke. I will fight till death to regain the honor of our family that Oden stole from us. He first banished my father for silliest thing regarding therathing Thor’s life, it was not like Thor couldn’t handle himself; and then the rest of us, Loke’s offspring, were also banished and any other offspring born from our seed, banished from from Asgard. My brother sleipner, a eight legged horse, had been a gift to Oden from my father but when we all were banished he chose to live with Oden. He became a traitor for staying faithful to the man who betrayed his blood brother and for this he must die. Sleipner is cursed to die by my hands, my massive jaws with its teeth sharp as knives will be what end his miserable life, his blood will be on my hands, only. He is hard to catch, my brother, when he runs across the sky his eight legs rumble across the heavens faster than the wind, this makes speed his alley, but this will not stop me and it will not save him from this death. He might be the fastest creature in the immortal world but nothing will come between me and me getting to my brother, vengeance is mine and he will lay dead at my feet. When good versus evil collide in the skies, natural disasters hit the world and humans pay the price for the wrath of the Gods. Now when most of us live in two worlds, that of the humans and our own, the wars of the heavens will come down to earth!



© 2014 Phetra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Angel Bird, thank you most kindly for your review. It warms my heart that that you think the feeling is there. I do agree with you my writing needs a lot of improvement especially in the description department and flow of the story. I will continue to work and improve this piece and the parts to come. Thank you again!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Angel Bird, thank you most kindly for your review. It warms my heart that that you think the feeling is there. I do agree with you my writing needs a lot of improvement especially in the description department and flow of the story. I will continue to work and improve this piece and the parts to come. Thank you again!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this to be a strong beginning to a great story. I could feel the hate and devastation, you made it feel very real. Even though it still needs some work your writing is well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Introduction has been revised once after my very kind review by ThatWriterGirl.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good language usage. Perhaps more descriptive words and less exposition. But overall a great introduction.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2014
Last Updated on February 6, 2014
Tags: #NorseMythology #Loke #FenrisUlv


Author

Phetra
Phetra

Gothenburg, Sweden



About
I love the written word no matter if it's through music, books or other ways of communication. I don't go through a day without listening to music, reading or writing something, one thing inspires the.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5