If I...

If I...

A Poem by Blue
"

...would it be worth it?

"

If I submitted to the summons of my heart

and crossed the oceans that drive lovers apart,

ignored the wails of looming sorrow ahead,

would phantoms of grief smile for the courage said?


 

If I drove fears away, violating sense

and acted on impulse, abandoning pretense,

planted kiss on your lips, sweet gesture, sweet mistake,

would God, Lord of Love, forgive or forsake?

  

If I forget my virtues and sinned by loving you

and lost my values, saint-worthy, noble, true,

desired more than just a night in your embrace,

would heaven prove itself to be a lesser place?

© 2014 Blue


Author's Note

Blue
What-ifs.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah...how many of us have asked these questions of God (or of whomever we pray to)? Difficult to answer, because I suppose it all depends upon what you believe about God, and about what our moral values and actions are supposed to be.

I would never want to get into a moral debate on WC, because that's pointless - so I'll say that I felt the emotion in your words here. And I mean both the longing for an intimate connection with another human being, as well as a connection with God, to give me some answers.

I don't claim to have all the answers, but these are very interesting things to ponder.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow! So much emotion and the poem is well pu togethor as well! Great message, I absolutely love it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Madam.
Great Poem Blue :)
It has great meaning to it, lots of emotion filled with unanswered questions.
I loved the way it flowed, and the rhyming was amazing :)
Great poem hun :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you again, Cimmy.
cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

your welcome hun :)
Dear Arzeal Joy,

Hello, how are you doing today? I hope all is well. I have a little free time to look and review some interesting poems. I saw this and wondered what the rest of the If I.... was. I think it was all apart of your plan haha lol.

I have to say this poem is nicely done. The first stanza takes me through the eyes of a person contemplating a decision whether to give in to the heart's desire or not, but being glad to have the courage to confess what is on your heart.

The second stanza verifies my views because it once again takes me through the mind of a person wondering the consequences of her actions. The title becomes ultimately clear. What if you threw caution to the wind and did whatever you wanted to do without a second thought.

The third stanza reiterates everything. The last stanza definitely hits close to home. The word play is concise, yet woven in a nice way that there seems to be a rhythm. I have no critiques here, except maybe the word, "summoning" seems a little weird there, but it's still fine the way it is.

I say to you well done.

100/100

Sincerely JazzSoulKeke,

God bless

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Jazz!
I often worry that if I get what I'm after, I will immediately feel unfulfilled and move on to another goal. Luckily I never stick to anything long enough to find out :)

I really like your writing style, I try a similar thing, it's a bit like a modern style but with classical leanings. I never actually studied poetry so I'm probably wrong.

Mamayâ uli!



Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Sam!
It is wonderful to hear your voice again, Blue. Wow, you have a way with words. You are a master of the craft. Beautifully done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

I think that's the influence of reading classic literature. Thank you, Eddie.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: if I, if, what if

Author

Blue
Blue

City of Love, Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
Hi, there! I don't know who I really am but let's start with my name. I am Arzel Joy, otherwise known as Blue here in WC. I have more pressing matters at hand so I have reduced my time spent on th.. more..

Writing
Please Tell Him Please Tell Him

A Poem by Blue


Sank, Saved Sank, Saved

A Poem by Blue


Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Blue



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


In My Heart In My Heart

A Poem by Elina