Dear J

Dear J

A Story by Blue
"

exaggerated

"
Dear J,

Remember the day you introduced yourself to me and offered me friendship? Yeah, that was, let me think, last week? I was charmed by your honest approach and poetic expressions it was impossible not to be smitten by you.

It was fun. The sweet exchange. The heart-to-heart talks. The confessions of secrets. We were even subjects of each other's poems. It was surreal. Way too surreal.

Only later did I realize that dreamlike experiences often remain dreamlike, never trespassing the boundaries of reality.

And then, just like how quickly it all started, it also quickly ended. You blocked me from viewing your profiles on Facebook, WritersCafe, and Skype. Just like that. No explanation. No goodbye. Nothing at all. I was in dumbfounded disbelief. Surely there must be a mistake? You couldn't simply leave me hanging like an utter idiot. But you did leave. And I am an idiot.

Like always, I lose people just when I'm loving them the most. I should have been more cautious, should have paid more attention to the tell-tale signs. But I was foolish. There are tons of fun in the foolishness of love.

It hurts, though. Hurts like hell. You know, being rejected?

But don't worry. I've been through worst. I just wish you could see me now, picking up my pieces, standing, and moving on. I've done my share of asking why's, of justifying your exit, of wishing you'd come back with an apology. Ugh. Don't even consider coming back, please.

I believe things happen for a reason. And things happen for the best. Maybe I will never know the reason but at least I have a new name on my list of "Guys to Avoid".

Anyway, I'm running out of ink. And I don't think my paper can bear to see its skin further tainted with your name (which, by the way, proved to be a disgrace to humanity).

Congratulations for the game well played. Best wishes on your next victim! (Just shy away from writers. I've heard they're the worst avengers.)


Sincerely yours,
the woman whom you once "loved".






P.S. Your daughter is sweet, charming, adorable, and all that. I'm just so sorry she has you for a father.

© 2014 Blue


Author's Note

Blue
See original link: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/arzeljoy_blu/1288105/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Can I mention the "J" on my name is silent? :) Blue, this is so sad...true friends are very hard to find, even those you think are true, sometimes end up to good to be....

I hope he gets the message.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the laugh! I didn't expect that joke. I should have been more careful, though. There a.. read more
Believe me women kind are better off without him. I could say somethings here but they wouldn't be appropriate so say but I know where your coming from with this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the empathy, Manda.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014
Tags: letter, hate

Author

Blue
Blue

City of Love, Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
Hi, there! I don't know who I really am but let's start with my name. I am Arzel Joy, otherwise known as Blue here in WC. I have more pressing matters at hand so I have reduced my time spent on th.. more..

Writing
Please Tell Him Please Tell Him

A Poem by Blue


Sank, Saved Sank, Saved

A Poem by Blue


Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Blue