427

427

A Story by bee
"

Just some stuff I had to get off my chest

"

The car was always silent when it came on. Faces just barely illuminated by the interior blue car symbols and the streetlights we passed before the country highways. The two of us always sat in the back, I on the left and she on the right. We never once skipped the amalgamation of Stick Season, all our hearts tenderized during "call your mom". But especially ours. She avoided my gaze for those four minutes and thirty eight seconds, we both knew her mother's number was saved in my phone. She asked me to care for her daughter, hoped she wasn't too heavy a burden, and that she knows how much we love each other. She was a trammel I would pick in any lifetime. I would drive all night, weather the harsh words, the silent days, the nights on the floor. She stayed with us, but not with me. I wonder: does your mom hate me? What did you tell her? Do you hate me? You said so the last time we spoke. Are you medicated? Meditating? Falling in love with her again? She has me blocked too, what do they think? What do you think? The darkness has fooled your perception, I hope one day the light returns. You see me as I truly am and you become who you truly are, once again. 

© 2024 bee


Author's Note

bee
This was mainly an emotionally charged ramble, thought I'd try and incorporate song lyrics that fit this situation into my writing. Feel free to leave comments and listen to the song while reading. Thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on July 24, 2024
Last Updated on July 24, 2024
Tags: friendship, love, mental health, depression, abuse survivor. college, new experiences, conflict

Author

bee
bee