Realization

Realization

A Chapter by Jessica
"

The second chapter of A Day Dream. It involes a twist, as most my my day dreams do.

"

My eyes snapped open. Was it possible that I had actually fallen asleep? I immediately turned to see that Dakota was no longer where I had last seen him. He had been there, hadn’t he? I turned now to the clock; only ten minutes had passed since I had last looked up there. I laughed quietly to myself, amazing it was all a dream. It had to have been a dream. At this point I was hating my mind more than ever . . . Why did I have the dream that?

 

The bell finally rang, and I rushed from the room, desperate for this day to be over. When I finally reached the band room I was the fifth person in there, and I quickly took a seat. We were told not to set up our instruments; a fire drill was scheduled in a few minutes. Maybe this day wasn’t so bad. Sure, Dakota wasn’t real, but I didn’t have to play my instrument, and I could always dream of him later. I laughed to myself once again, realizing that if anyone else had known what I was thinking . . . Well, they might think I was insane.

 

Not long after everyone had taken their seats the fire alarm sounded, and we made our way outside. I smiled, I could think to myself for these few minutes. I tuned out the sound of my classmates talking, and tried to pick up where I must have left off. Dakota had gone to his seat, and I to mine. Something didn’t seem right, though. When I pictured him in my mind, his eyes didn’t sparkle as they did before, and when he smiled, it didn’t fit.  I shook my head, frustrated, and looked at everyone else. It was time to go back inside. After waiting a moment I sighed and followed them in. We sat through the rest of the class counting different beats, and naming different notes. I had finally learned them all, and knew the fingerings; at the beginning of the year I didn’t think it would have been possible. The fact that I knew them, however, caused me to fade into my dream land once again. His eyes still didn’t sparkle, and I didn’t know why I couldn’t imagine him as I had before.

 

My next class, biology, continued basically the same. I walked into the classroom, took a seat, and tried to imagine him as I had before. And again, it wasn’t him. I hoped that this wasn’t going to be one of the dreams I had, but could never continue, I had loved this dream. When Dr. Alexander finally stopped talking and gave us our work, I happily accepted it. If I couldn’t continue my dream, I wanted him out of my head. I answered each question and finished the page within ten minutes, twenty still remaining in the class. To try and stretch out my work, I erased the page, and tried to forget what I had answered, then began again. I received a few weird looks from others around me, but I didn’t care. I really wanted this day to be over and was going to do what it took to make it go by faster. When the bell rang, I had erased and rewritten my homework three times already. I quickly stuffed my books into my bag, and slung it over my shoulder, leaving the room in a hurry.

 

I walked through the halls, H hall to G hall, G to F, and then into my homeroom. Sara was already in her seat, reading The Cask of the Amontillado. The seat in front of her was empty as always, and I took it as always. I pulled the black binder from my bag, and took out my math homework from yesterday. It was done. Great. I slid the paper back into the side pocket, and placed the binder back into my bag. What was I going to do now? My mind kept focusing on him why couldn’t I just forget it? His smile kept flashing in my mind, but when I tried to focus on it and continue with my dream, it would fade. I hated it. My mind began to drift onto random subjects and everything seemed to blend together, becoming hazy. Without warning I heard a laugh, and my thoughts suddenly became clear. My head quickly turned in the direction of Will, Chris, Jake, and Ethan but my eyes went to a boy sitting in front them all. He was smiling, and it had been his laugh that I heard. It was Dakota . . .

 



© 2016 Jessica


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on August 25, 2008
Last Updated on February 18, 2016


Author

Jessica
Jessica

Atlanta, GA



About
I am a random person, and I sometimes keep to myself. I try to be more outgoing, but I can't seem to unless I am with my close friends. I do, however, become the most out going person you could ever m.. more..

Writing
Das Verdammte Das Verdammte

A Story by Jessica


A Day Dream A Day Dream

A Book by Jessica