My twisted infatuation...

My twisted infatuation...

A Story by Amayrani Franco
"

Read " The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" by Marilyn Manson this weekend; wanted to share my thoughts.

"

{"What seemed to be emerging from this cocoon was hard and soulless, smooth and terrifying, scarred and numb, a malefic gargoyle about to spread it scabrous wings"} 


When I was about nine or ten I went with my mum to a music store,  {record store? They only sold CD's and casettes...} and  as I walked around aimlessly, I came to a halt when I noticed a poster on the wall- it was a white, ghoulish creature with hair that was black and red, mismatched eyes, and breasts...? i was fascinated; but when I asked my mum who it was she simply said "the devil" as she pulled me away...

That was the first time I saw Marilyn Manson.

I eventually became familiar with his music; but never bothered to learn much about the person behind the macabre lyrics until I read an interview between Chuck Palahniuk and him. Once I read his answers and points of view I was smitten- really. I fell in love with the idea of speaking to Marilyn Manson.

It should be no surprise that on a routine run to Barnes and Noble i couldn't help but notice his book cover literally staring up at me. I grabbed it, bought it, drove home, and read it in a matter of hours.

Whether you're a fan of Marilyn Manson, or simply a fan of hating him the book has something for everyone... it is laugh out loud funny in parts, and cringe worthy at others;  a bit like literally rubbernecking- sometimes the crash is so gruesome that you just feel compelled to keep reading. There's some satire and some anecdotes... even some clarification to urban legends that we've all heard about the man. It's eerily relatable because beyond the antichrist persona of Marilyn Manson, there is Brian Warner, and there is nothing all that far fetched about him.

The book is a delight- written eloquently and intelligently; it's the kind of stranger than fiction biography that one can devour... care to take a bite?

© 2013 Amayrani Franco


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not a fan of Mansons music but I do respect him as an entertainer and his fearlessness in speaking his mind. I just might check out his book.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amayrani Franco

10 Years Ago

He's definitely worth checking out.
A really good review on Marilyn Manson's autobiography...I do like some of his songs...I Love the memories in your story, as well, Amayrani. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amayrani Franco

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
Babe Roxx

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome, Amayrani...my pleasure.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2013
Last Updated on October 22, 2013
Tags: book review, marilyn manson

Author

Amayrani Franco
Amayrani Franco

San DIego, CA



About
I don't claim to be any good, and I'm not going to pretend that everyone will understand my work; but I do love writing- it has always been there for me and on more than one occasion it saved me from .. more..

Writing
Bluish Bluish

A Story by Amayrani Franco