Trespassing

Trespassing

A Chapter by Zoey Balderston
"

Chapter 18 of Love from Above

"

Jeremy’s Point of View

 

As I walk back through the forest away from the meadow, my mind races. It felt wonderful to talk to Kelsey about what my mother had told me, but I couldn’t help but worry about what was on her mind that she hadn’t been able to talk to me about. I knew she didn't owe me an explanation, but I had an unwavering urge to soothe whatever was causing her distress. Rationally, I knew fretting wouldn’t help, but that didn’t stop me from doing it. I just have to have faith that when she’s ready, she’ll feel comfortable enough to open up to me about it. I shimmy up the plant grate and through my open window. I crash back into bed in an attempt to get a little more sleep before having to deal with dear old dad.

 

I am woken up by a loud pounding on my bedroom door less than an hour later.

 

“What?” I say groggily, propping myself up on one elbow. My father throws open the door, the veins on his balding head looking grotesquely as if they’re about to burst.

 

“You had that girl over for dinner without my consent,” he spits.

 

“Yes dad, I did,” I reply tiredly, pinching the bridge of my nose to ward off the sudden headache. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to take a shower.” I try to brush past him but he thrusts an arm out to stop me.

 

"One good thing to come out of my business trip is that I’ve received a promotion. We are moving to Pennsylvania; tonight. Cheyenne has insisted upon staying here because of work. You, however, have no such ties. Therefore, you will be leaving with us," my father says smugly.

 

"What?! No! I won't go! You can't make me! I’ll get emancipated if that’s what it takes to stay!" I yell at him. I couldn't possibly leave Kelsey, not now. My heart was already in too deep, which scared me as much as it thrilled me.

 

He steps over to stand in front of me; his red face inches from my own. "You will be coming with us. And that is that," he enunciates each word carefully.

 

Rage boiling inside me I shove past him and lock myself in the bathroom wanting to scream in frustration. I have to figure a way around him.

 

Jeremy’s Dad’s Point of View

 

The boy’s phone rings obnoxiously from beside his messy bed. I pick my way across his floor and look at the front of the phone. One new message from Kelsey; isn’t that the girl’s name?

 

Meet me on the airport runway tonight at 8? I really need to talk to you.

 

A wicked grin spreads across my face. I pull out my own phone as I leave the room.

“Hello, sheriff? Hey Bill, it’s Jaegar. Get your dogs ready. I have word of a trespasser at the airport tonight.”



© 2023 Zoey Balderston


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on March 31, 2014
Last Updated on October 24, 2023


Author

Zoey Balderston
Zoey Balderston

AZ



About
I'm a girl who absolutely loves to read, I often got yelled at to put the book away by my teachers. I am a huge art geek. Anything to do with art I'm all for! I write and draw whenever life allows tim.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Chapter by Zoey Balderston