Soul left but the Truth remain

Soul left but the Truth remain

A Poem by Zoa
"

It's about sexual abuse

"
Head close to the mirror,
And starting to fear.
Grabbing my neck,
As I hold up the gear.
Whispering my ear,
But I don't wanna hear.
Unwanted touch,
As the breath feels so near.
Eyes filled with tears,
But the bleeding was mere.
Exposing my skin,
And the smile was so clear.
Breaking my finger,
As I try not to linger.
Seeking for help,
But nothing appeared.
Now it's just a body and shattered bone,
Looking for help was my mistake alone,
Losing my breath in darkness with pain,
Trusting no one is a truth that remain.

© 2024 Zoa


Author's Note

Zoa
Please give a honest feedback.
It's my own writing and I am not a professional yet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem revolves around the individual's internal battle with fear and pain, as portrayed through vivid imagery of physical and emotional suffering.

Such abuse is horrible, and its such a sad reality now, where u have to keep hush hush about it when it's something we need the most help with.

Sad truth, u ended with "Looking for help was my mistake alone,
Losing my breath in darkness with pain,
Trusting no one is a truth that remain." Most times we can't trust anyone when it comes to this.

Language used in the poem is evocative and intense and phrases such as "unwanted touch" and "eyes filled with tears" evokes vulnerability and trauma, enhancing the emotional depth.

VERY WELL WRITTENN.

This poem shares a universal message with us readers about the importance of acknowledging and addressing mental health challenges while reflecting on the consequences of isolation and mistrust.

Thanks for sharing,
=Amy

Posted 6 Days Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Zoa

6 Days Ago

Thank you so much.
Amy R

5 Days Ago

No problem



Reviews

You change" to trust no one is the truth that remains "... if the poet doesn't want to trust others or else you can leave as such, trusting no one in case the poet is broken inside by trusted someone...

This poem rhymes well.
Depicts emotional and can be related to self awareness.... chances are high that one gets abused even most trusted and secured and well known places where they completely trust being there, and something happens out of nowhere. It's sad reality. Good thing voices must heard and truth will hopefully survive..

Posted 1 Day Ago


sorry i can't read this... it felt so real. the way you use words it feels so clear and vivid... it's heavy. triggering.
yet it felt heavy because you wrote so well.

Posted 2 Days Ago


Zoa

2 Days Ago

Thank you. Well, it's something that shouldn't be hidden but told to the entire world.
Thank .. read more
I don't know if this poem is imagined or personal and real.

If your post is fictional but based on your awareness, it's a fine piece of work that near catalogues what goes on and how it horrifically effects the abused, etc. In other words you have melded emotion with tragedy and offered it as an example of what is globally rife.

If you are sharing personal experiences I sincerely hope you have contacted a helpline, surgery or trusted friend. In other words, you truly and kindly need help and advice.

As a piece of writing you have added just enough literary flair to tragic fact

Posted 6 Days Ago


Zoa

5 Days Ago

It's not based on my experience. It's just that so many news and articles keep coming up and I ended.. read more
You portray a horrible event with vivid images of things we don't want to see, feel, or hear.
This was not a fun read. More sad and depressing than anything else. The truth hides behind the nature of mankind, and yes, these things do happen, and they are real. Earth, along with being a beautiful place to live, horror exist along side.
Now I must go and play a happy song to lift my spirit.
"Don't worry, be happy." It's not always that easy though...is it?
A good write.

Posted 6 Days Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoa

6 Days Ago

Thank you so much.
This poem revolves around the individual's internal battle with fear and pain, as portrayed through vivid imagery of physical and emotional suffering.

Such abuse is horrible, and its such a sad reality now, where u have to keep hush hush about it when it's something we need the most help with.

Sad truth, u ended with "Looking for help was my mistake alone,
Losing my breath in darkness with pain,
Trusting no one is a truth that remain." Most times we can't trust anyone when it comes to this.

Language used in the poem is evocative and intense and phrases such as "unwanted touch" and "eyes filled with tears" evokes vulnerability and trauma, enhancing the emotional depth.

VERY WELL WRITTENN.

This poem shares a universal message with us readers about the importance of acknowledging and addressing mental health challenges while reflecting on the consequences of isolation and mistrust.

Thanks for sharing,
=Amy

Posted 6 Days Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Zoa

6 Days Ago

Thank you so much.
Amy R

5 Days Ago

No problem
jarring, to say the least, but not a bad piece of writing, at all...


I'm confused as to if the mirror is a psychological perspective or if the action is actually taking place..
either way, I think it's pretty good..

Posted 6 Days Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoa

6 Days Ago

Thank you so much.
light and ashes

5 Days Ago

You are so very welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2024
Last Updated on October 9, 2024
Tags: #sexualabuse #poetry #emotions #

Author

Zoa
Zoa

About
I am 20 years old. Science student. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


September September

A Poem by red93