Death of a Crowded Planet

Death of a Crowded Planet

A Poem by Md. Ziaul Haque
"

Sinking of the Titanic

"

The whole lot was outstanding, no trace of complication,

The maiden swollen with pride travelled furiously,

The passengers’ hearts beating faster than common,

Being a fraction of evidence inside the womb of history.

 

Touch of coyness on her cheeks was not in attendance,

Rather dancing with a towering head on the water, 

 Utterly oblivious of the black hand of chance,

The infernal being is getting ready to batter.

 

The water scheming with the ice-berg devoured her in totality,

The crowded planet will laze on the ocean floor save for eternity.

© 2014 Md. Ziaul Haque


Author's Note

Md. Ziaul Haque
The term 'crowded planet' refers to the Titanic.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hopefully we will learn where the iceberg lies in waiting before it is too late. Perhaps your intention was simply to write about the Titanic. For me however, this is an attentive metaphor, that throughout the poem sent a clear and unambiguous message that we have no defence, or ever will have, over the awesome power of nature.

Beccy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Md. Ziaul Haque

10 Years Ago

Thank you a lot indeed. :)



Reviews

Hopefully we will learn where the iceberg lies in waiting before it is too late. Perhaps your intention was simply to write about the Titanic. For me however, this is an attentive metaphor, that throughout the poem sent a clear and unambiguous message that we have no defence, or ever will have, over the awesome power of nature.

Beccy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Md. Ziaul Haque

10 Years Ago

Thank you a lot indeed. :)
This is an interesting piece. I have never read anything like it, such a historical event described in the form of such beautiful poetry.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Md. Ziaul Haque

10 Years Ago

So nice of you. I feel inspired by your comment indeed. :)
While the poem is definitely more observant in tone that doesn't mean it is flawed or worthy of a defending attack on it. I have devoured anything and everything I can in regards to the Titanic since I was really young, and this poem doesn't make me want to say that you need to write better cause of the poor souls that lost their life. Your poem holds no less merit than one that pulls on the emotions of the loss and pain with more flowery language. This is a good piece and you should be proud of it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Will Neill

10 Years Ago

Tabitha, I would just like to clear up what may have been misjudged in my comment. I was not attacki.. read more
Tabitha Deasún

10 Years Ago

I didn't mean you were attacking in the way you seem to think. I meant more your comment about havin.. read more
Will Neill

10 Years Ago

It was never my intention to upset anyone.If that has occurred then I apologise.
Will
Md. Being from the city famous for the building of this great ship I read your 'poem' with great interest- I myself have done quite a bit of research into why this tragedy happen so I pride myself in having a good amount of knowlage about the R.M.S Titanic and the poor souls who died that fatefull night. Now I am sure you mean no disrespect but your poem to me is nothing more than short lines of observation.
As it is with most of your other works, I have always said that quality is better than quantity so I think you should take your time and produce better. I normaly do not comment on poems that often prefering to write short stories but this subject is very important to me and I must defend it when I can.
Will

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Md. Ziaul Haque

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much dear Neill for your comment. I have just tried to picture the way the Titanic went.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2014
Last Updated on August 8, 2014
Tags: Death, Crowded, Planet, Titanic

Author

Md. Ziaul Haque
Md. Ziaul Haque

Sylhet, Bangladesh



About
Md. Ziaul Haque is originally from Zakiganj, Sylhet, Bangladesh. He is a poet, epic writer, writer, academic, thinker, songwriter, short story writer, reviewer, columnist, essayist, researcher and sch.. more..

Writing