Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
2: The Grand Tour

2: The Grand Tour

A Chapter by Chloe
"

As Annalise finally recieves the chance to leave the room.

"

Immortal in France, Chapter two: The Grand Tour

 

I felt a cool rag on my head. I opened my eyes, but my vision was blurred. I blinked a few times. “Ah, you’re awake,” I heard a man say, Charles most likely. He was holding a soft damp rag on my forehead. He was sitting on the edge of the bed. Finally my sight cleared up, and I could see the man clearly for the first time. He had on a white ruffled shirt, and brown pants. He had short brown hair, and beautiful gray eyes. He took the rag of my head, and smiled. This wasn’t the same man from earlier. What’s up with all the different people coming in and out all the time? I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

“Who are you?” I managed to spit out. I looked at him, staring into his eyes.

“My name’s Elliot.” He smiled, revealing pure white teeth. Regular teeth. He wasn’t a vampire.

“Why are you in my room?” I asked him, a spit of anger in my voice.

“You passed out. I heard Belle screaming, so I ran up here to find you on the ground. You hit your head pretty hard.”

“No wonder my head hurts so bad.” Yes, I could feel a large bump on my forehead. Great, I meet a handsome guy, and I have this huge bruise on my head. My headache had went away, but my head ached from the fall. He chuckled.

“Yes. Well, do you feel like getting up?” Elliot asked.

“I guess,” I said, wondering why he was asking.

“Are you ready for the grand tour?” Elliot asked as I got up out of bed. I was surprised he asked. I had been locked in this room for who know how long, and now I get to have a tour. Nothing made sense.

“Yes.” I said. Elliot walked over to a door in the corner of the room. Where did that door come from? I hadn’t noticed it before. Probably cause my head hurt so bad. He opened it to reveal a walk in closet. Each wall was lined with beautiful dresses and blouses.

“Where anything you want. I’ll be waiting outside.” Elliot said, walking out. He left the room and shut the door behind him. I was expecting to hear a key lock the door, but I didn’t hear anything. I shut the closet door behind me. I let my fingers scroll through all the different pieces. There was a pretty red dress with gold lace around the bust. Then there was an emerald green dress with a poofy skirt. Next was a pure white ruffly long dress. Quite beautiful if you ask me. How was I supposed to pick just one to wear. They were all so gorgeous. I turned around to face a different wall. That’s when I saw it. A gorgeous blue ball gown with a chocolate satin panel in front. I slipped off my night gown, and put on the gown. The lined bodice sat slightly off my shoulders. Small pleats around the neckline matched the trim. And matched my eyes. There was a long glass mirror on the third wall. I walked over to it, so I could take a look at myself. Beautiful. My nice curls matched the dress perfectly. It went great with my white skin tone. I found a pair of high heeled boots in the corner, and slipped them on over my bare feet. I walked back out of the closet, leaving my night gown on the floor. I hesitated, smoothing out my dress before I opened the door. Elliot was sitting right by the door, waiting for me. He got up and looked at me in awe. His jaw dropped when he saw me in the dress. “You look amazing.” He managed to say.

“Thank you,” I said. I looked down so he couldn’t see me blushing.

The hallway we were standing in was very long. It had beautiful wallpaper on the wall, and every door was white with a gold door knob. On one side of the hallway was stairs, heading down to what looked to be the first floor. To the other side was a few doors, and a white window, looking out over the garden. “Alright, well let’s go downstairs. I’ll show you around outside first.” He said. I followed him down the stairs. We kept a steady pace, and stayed about two feet away from each other. Down the stairs was an amazing room, with a very high ceiling. It had a long wooden table in the middle, and matching chairs around all sides. There were three white windows, looking out on the porch. We walked past the table, and entered through a doorway to find ourselves in the living area. There were a few chairs, surrounding a fire place. The fire place was made of a grand white stone. It didn’t have any burning wood in it at the time. “The room we were just in was the dining room, and this is the living area.” Elliot explained. He led me through a white door, going into the kitchen. “This is the kitchen,” He said looking at me. Then we went through the back door. I looked up at the sky, it was a light blue, clouds around the sun. It was probably 2:30. I looked around, I saw tons of plants. This was the garden area. There was a huge fountain in the middle if the garden. It was gently squirting out water in all directions. Very nice. “That’s the garden,” he said, pointing over toward its direction. We heard the back door open, so we turned around. The black haired, presumably Charles, was standing there wiping his hands on a rag. He walked over to us.

“I see you picked the most beautiful dress.” He said as he walked towards me and Elliot. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Elliot smile. I studied Charles. He had long black hair tied back in a ponytail. Yes, this was the man who had kissed me. “My name’s Charles.” He said, though I already figured that one out for myself. “You’ve been out cold for quite some time, I was getting worried,” Charles said, as he stuffed the rag in his back pocket. He held his hand out toward me. I shaked his hand, and politely let go after a second. “You can stay here for a while, to get back on your feet. If you’d like?”

“Sure,” I said, I didn’t know what else to say. At least I had a place to stay, as I figured out who I was and what had happened.

“Alright.” Charles smiled, looking at me. “Belle and Marianne are going to town in a few minutes, maybe you’d like to go with them?” He asked. I thought about it for a moment. I figured, might as well.

“Sure.”

“It’s good to see you’d like to get out so soon, after what all happened I mean.” He said. The smile fading from his face.

“I need to ask y…” I began saying.

“I will tell you more when you’re back. Don’t worry. Everything will be fine. You’ll know more in time my friend.” He said, cutting me off. “Elliot, take her inside. You can show her around another day. Take her to Marianne’s room, the ladies will be in there getting ready.” Charles looked at me once more and smiled. “Goodbye Anna.” He said, putting a hand on my shoulder. He said it as if I would never see him again.

Elliot put his arm around my shoulder and led me to the door. I’m glad we were going inside, it was rather cold that day. We walked through the kitchen into the living area, then to the dining room, and up the stairs. We stopped at the last white door on the right side of the hallway. Elliot politely knocked on the door.

“Yes?” A voice from inside said. This woman’s voice was very clear, yet beautifully polite. She had the perfect soft voice.

“Annalise is out here,” he looked at me and smiled brightly, “may she come in?”

“Of course, my dear.” The woman said.

Elliot opened the door, and waved his hand for me to enter. “Hello Miss Marianne. Hello Isabelle.” Elliot said, smiling at the ladies. He looked at me once more and smiled. Boy did he do a lot of smiling. He grabbed my hand and kissed it softly. Then he made his way out of the room, closing the door behind him. I was left with the two women, alone. I never knew what was going to happen next.



© 2011 Chloe


Author's Note

Chloe
Ignore strange format

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2011


Author

Chloe
Chloe

Red Bluff, CA



About
I'm a beginning writer, still in highschool. I've always loved writing. So now I'm taking a go at it, head on. Let's see how this works out! more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Poem by Chloe