~Fox Spirit~

~Fox Spirit~

A Poem by Yuki Wood

In this cold and starry night, a magnificent creature suddenly appeared in sight. Its body covered with silky red fur as though it is surrounded by crimson flames, and eyes reflecting its golden orbs under the moonlight. Its face expressing fierceness and anxiety but gentleness and curiosity still lies in between. I sat there waiting, of what it would do, but in the end i ended up waiting and waiting but not achieving anything in the end.

Or so i thought.

Before i knew it, those golden orbs faced me and tails, waving ever so majestically, swayed and danced in the wind. How magical, i thought to myself. This is reality and this is real and yet inside it feels as though it it unreal. A dream, a reality, a nightmare, or minds trickery. This is creature is indescribable beyond compare. Gently yet cautious steps were suddenly heard then my senses came back to reality and then ever so close to me, this majestic creature stood in front of me and revealed its true form. A fox is what it was. A gentle red fox with its ruffled crimson fur and its shining golden eyes looking at me as though it was looking through me until it reached my soul. Such a beautiful creature is what i encountered in that cold and starry night, where the moon was shining so bright.

© 2013 Yuki Wood


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a beautiful piece. I love the way that you wove in a description of the eyes, golden orbs as you put it. the color of the fur, and the depth of the staring really good. I find though If you separated the poem into different stanzas and used the description of the eyes, to signify the next it would be an easier read. I don't agree on cutting the poem down because it's really good. but, making more distinct stanza would help. otherwise great poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the subject matter and your thinking. The writing needs to be clearer, maybe edit it down to a shorter piece?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013

Author

Yuki Wood
Yuki Wood

Paranaque City, NCR, Philippines



About
Im in a junior high school student. I love music and anime as well as writing books. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Yuki Wood