Lonely Nights

Lonely Nights

A Story by Yoshiyuki
"

A night in a single room

"
I lay on my bed. It was a fold out couch but it is still a bed. So stop complaining. This bed was uncomfortable tonight. The springs seemed to be extra hard. The greenish teal color of my room seemed to glow through the computer screen. The glass desk was cold to the touch of my feet. It felt unsteady tonight as if just placing my feet could make it collapse. Now I know I am chubby but this desk needed to be sturdier. I watch Naruto through my computer screen. After hours of watching it I seemed to be staring at my roof. The roofs embossed texture seemed to blur into a smooth texture without my glasses. My mom always told me that I would turn blind if I continued to play in the dark. And by play I mean play games in the dark sickos.

I was enjoying the soft quiet night sky above me when suddenly the house started to quake. And the outside started to erupt in utter chaos. The dogs started to bark viciously, the cats meow in terror as the neighborhood bike started up. The neighbor starting his engine multiple times, started to throw the dogs into a murderous rage. Why does he have to interrupt my writing? Can he not respect the art of writing a god damn final paper? My breathing calms down as the bike wanders off into the darkness.

Now that my restful gazing at my roof has been ruined, I start to take off my window screen, throwing it off to the side. I climb up on my window seal and try to look cool sitting on it. You know like those anime cartoons that sit on something and look naturally cool? I stare into the distant of my street trying to see if I can spy on my neighbors with stealth, but sadly they all closed there curtains.  I wiggle my toes looking to see if I can attract my dogs attention below my. Suddenly he barks as loud as he could, I jump in sheer terror thinking he was going to devour my dead body. I swear that I saw him laugh as he walked away. I sigh in disappointment as my friend starts to walk away.

I climb down from the window seal to only return to my mediocre life of watching my roof dance in my boredom. A late guest appears before me. I look up to her wondering what she has been doing all this time. Her eyes have a guilty look as well as one of sadness that cant be subdued. Her hands hold a small old locket. When I look into the locket memories invade my mind, memories that have been locked inside my mind for eternity. She hops on the bed besides me. We can only stare into each others eyes. Her eyes are made of pure sapphire, which glow under the moonlight created by the computer screen. We cant talk through words instead we let our eyes do the talking. After an hour passes by she disappears from my mind, for she is a figment of my imagination. I realize that this moment is my lonely life. This is how I spend my life alone in my room day after day. My only friends are the ghost of my girlfriend and my dog.

© 2011 Yoshiyuki


Author's Note

Yoshiyuki
How is the visuals? I tried to emphasize the visuals more than the story. Did it work?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on December 7, 2011
Last Updated on December 7, 2011

Author

Yoshiyuki
Yoshiyuki

Kahului, HI



Writing
Silent Night Silent Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki