Epic Four

Epic Four

A Story by Yoshiyuki
"

A short story of a little competition of Connect Four. I did not edit this nor did I review it for any mistakes. I just went with the flow on this one.

"
Two masters of the eternal competition of connect four faced off. One called Player 1 the other called Player 2. Player 1 stared into Player 2s eyes trying to throw him off his game. Though Player 2 never backed down instead he also intensely stared into Player 1s eyes. FIVE MINUTES! FIVE MINUTES! The announcer yelled with passion and spirit. Player 1 warmed up his breathing sped up with each cycle. Player 1 punched and punched a lonely stone broken off the mountain. Player 2 stood watching Player 1. Player 2 had a grimaced smile looking at Player 1 as if this was going to be an easy win.

PLAYERS GET TO YOUR STONES! The announcer yelled his voice intensifying the crowds roar. The announcer introduced the players to the crowd sitting below the battlefield. The crowd chanted in unison. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! The crowd peaked to their excitement the battle begun. First move was Player 1 on the blue stones. Player 1 fiercely looked at the open battlefield examining and thinking of a place to start his move. He looked at the free space. He called his stone to the third column. Dropping with great weight the stone collided with the land. A small rumble could be heard through the arena. Player 2 stared at Player 1 and laughed at his face. STONE TO COLUMN 3! Player 2 shouted with jest as if playing with Player 1. The crowd stared in disbelief at Player 2s move.

 Player 1 looked at the battlefield sweat dribbled down his face. His heart sped faster. He cautiously moved his stone to column 2. The crowd stood silent waiting for Player 2s move. Player 2 snickered as he victoriously commanded his stone to column 4. The crowd awed at his block of the connecting four. 
Player 1 not ever gazing off the battlefield kept all his concentration on the arena. Thinking of moves beyond the next taking his time. He gulped his saliva down. His nervousness was showing though he didnt care. He took a deep breath and commanded his stone to column 4. What an amateur move Player 2 said as he laughed at his opponent. He shouted his move to column 7.  The announcer yells to the arena with all his might, signaling the end of the commanding phase. He tells the crowd that the competitors will be moving on to the strength phase. In this round they will have to roll their stones to their columns and drop it to the arena below. If they cannot role their stones they lose.

 The arena was in an uproar as player one started to roll his stone. With all his might he pushed the 200 pound stone, his left arm being grazed and beaten up by the rock with every turn. Just after one push his jacket was all torn up by the round jagged. Player 2 laughed as he called Player 1 weak. Go back to playing your plain old connect four. Epic four is only for the elite not a weakling like you! Player 2 yelled. At last Player 1 reached column 5, dropping the stone and ending his phase.
Player 2 effortlessly rolled his stone to column 1. Player 1 caught a glimpse Player 2s body shaking just after one column. Dropping the stone and ending his phase. Player 1 smiled at Player 2 with a mischievous look. Who is the weak one now Player 2? Can you not roll more than one column? HAHAHA WEAK! 

Player 1 has become focused again his eyes again on the battlefield. Searching for moves beyond the next move, like a hawk stalking a fish. Like a flickering sun his eyes glowed with passion. If this were a cartoon flames could be seen in his eyes. His weak scrawny body collided with the stone. With all his might he struggled to roll the stone to column 3. Crimson blood started to seep from the wounds the jagged stone produced, though he pursued on. Finally his stone fell into place. The crowd roared from his move. All the attention was all toward Player 2. His eyes showed fear his body shook with uncertainty. He tried real hard to hide his nervousness but a blind man could tell how bad his situation was. Player 2 clenched his teeth, the sound of his teeth echoed throughout the silent arena. With his arms shaking he slowly pushed his stone. His eyes focused on the arena. He never moved passed the first column and his breathing was intense. The crowd moaned with displeasure at Player 2s move.
 
Player 1 grimaced at the weakened state of Player 2.  Player 1 started to make his move creeping closer to column 2. The crowd went wild chanting his name as if he were a god. The stone dropped with great pressure into place as if sealing Player 2s fate. Player 2 started to push his rock ever so slowly. A small puddle was dead ahead where he was heading. Slowly he crept up to the puddle rolling his stone. Like a slow motion movie he stepped into the movie and started to fall over. He reached his arm to the back of the stone to prevent him from falling, causing the stone started to roll into Column 2. BOOM! The stone collapsed into place in column 2. REDO! REDO! I slipped Player 2 yelled with embarrassment with all his might.The crowd roared chanting Player 1. 

Player 1 took a deep breath before he placed his hand on the stone as if he were touching a pregnant woman.  He looked up to the endless cloudy sky as liquid started pouring down his face. The chanting of the crowd brought him out of his gaze. He pushed on to his final move. He could feel a presence and evil gaze upon him. After a few minutes of strenuous pushing he reached his destination. Slowly the rock fell off the cliff. The arena was deadly quiet until the epic rumbling of the winning stone fell into place. A few moments passed by as the crowd stood silent in awe of Player 1s victory. PLAYER 1 HAS WON! PLAYER 1 HAS WON! The announcer yelled with spirit. The crowd went wild over the overwhelming victory that had just taken place.

© 2011 Yoshiyuki


Author's Note

Yoshiyuki
Any advice would be nice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, that was funny and intense at the same time. My advice is that make sure to put quotations before and after a sentence someone speaks. But the way you wrote the story was very good!! Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it's interesting :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2011
Last Updated on December 6, 2011

Author

Yoshiyuki
Yoshiyuki

Kahului, HI



Writing
Silent Night Silent Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki