Chapter 11: A Little Bit More Truth

Chapter 11: A Little Bit More Truth

A Story by Xander West

Chapter Eleven: A Little Bit More Truth

Still This Day

I hear your voice whispering in the wind,

Singing lovely melodies swaying in the trees,

Such pain few could ever comprehend.

 

 I see your smile in the ever-changing moon,

Touching my heart that is no longer free,

Hoping to return your smile so very soon.

 

Stars above remind me of your adoring eyes,

Your love I had I still find hard to believe,

 For a love as pure as our never truly dies.

 

 I recognize your beauty in a summer sunset

Painting the world as though you would see,

Beauty like yours no one could ever forget.

 

My heart beats for only you still this day,

No other way could my heart ever be,

I wait to hold you once again some way

 

I awake to find my wrist in restraints tied to the bed post behind me.  I have the freedom of some movement, but very little.  I look around, it seems I am in some sort of tent, several litters or beds lined one side, yet, I am the only one lying down.  I see a man at the tent’s entrance, fully armored, broadsword at his side watching me intently.  The young girl is sitting in a chair nearby. 

 

“Well, you survived.  No thanks to your swordsmanship. “  she jests as she smiles.  

 

“Yeah, I can’t say I ever practice much with a broadsword.” 

 

“You seem quite handy with a knife though.  What did you hide in the streets shadows waiting on your enemies before?”

 

“Not too far from the truth.  Why am I chained girl?”

 

“You will address her highness as Princess Maleda” declares the guard in a growl. 

 

“Girl, why am I in chains?” 

 

“They do know who you are, or whose side you’re fighting for.”  

 

“Right….”  I reply as I look at the bed post.  I sit up as far as I can and with one smooth motion, I drop my forearm in wooden frame snapping in half.  Within a few seconds I have freed the chains from the bed, standing with the chains hanging from my wrist as stand freely eyeing the guard with his sword now drawn.   “I hope you plan on stopping me” I growl at him. 

 

A man wearing armored breast plate with an ice-blue cape appeared at the entrance.  He looks at me and then at the chains dangling from my wrists.  He tosses me a key and ask “Why don’t we go for a walk?” 

 

Catching the key with one hand and immediately unlocking the chains letting them fall to floor at my feet as walk out the entrance staring down at the sentry standing guard.   Picking up to the pace to keep up with the caped soldier, I hear him ask as I catch up, “What is your name?’ 

 

“Ronan” I reply. 

 

“Ronan, do you know who those men where that attack you?’

 

“Does it matter?”  I replied.

 

He turns to look in my eyes as he walks forward, “No, I guess not.  That was a small war party from a tribe in the Badlands.  The big fella that nearly took you out was a Chieftain named Alton Bolthor.  He has probably killed more men than I could count.  The idea of you killing him in battle easing my mind, except he could kill hundreds of men, who are you?” 

“I am just a guy heading north.  I promise to help the girl return home.” 

 

“Ah.  Which brings me to my next series of questions, what do you know of her?”  he asks. 

 

“She talks too much, thinks she knows everything. “ 

 

Laughing, he responds “Yes, yes she does.  She is the daughter of Queen Diana, our queen.  She has been missing for weeks.  So I have to ask, why is she this far south and why is she with you?” 

 

“I can only tell she was in the forest following me before I agreed to take her home. “ 

 

We walk in a wooden deck overlooking vast grasslands with a river running for as far my eyes could see.  “On the other side of that river starts the edge of the Badlands.  War parties have raiding our lands for generations, but lately the parties have grown into small armies sacking towns much farther north than ever before.”   He looks me up and down.  “You are not from our land, your garments are nothing like I have ever seen, and your accent is not familiar.  I don’t know who you are, where you came from.  But I need to what your intentions are; a man of skill set is no simple man.  Am I to believe you are just a wonderer, heading north?” 

 

We stare into each other’s eyes for a long minute.  Than he states “I am General Janus.  I need to ensure the princess returns to Castle Rock.  How can I trust you will not kill the sentries I send with her?”

 

I laugh, “If I wanted her dead, I could have avoided these bruises.” 

 

General Janus smiled, “I would like you to escort the Princess back north to Castle Rock.  I will provide four more men and mounts.   I do not know who you are really are, but I know you are willing to step in harm’s way to protect her, and you are worthy adversary.  You all will leave at first light tomorrow.  Good day sir.”

 

Without another word, I watch the general walk away, leaving me alone to stare off into the distance.  What have I gotten myself into?  Why do I remember so little?  What am I searching for?  I cannot explain this sensation something is off, that I am missing something.

 

Upon arriving back at the tent, without my escort from earlier, I lay down on a bed, wanting nothing more than to sleep for days.   I hear light footsteps approaching.  “Yes girl?” 

 

“I heard we are heading home tomorrow?”  she asks. 

 

“You are heading home.  I am just heading north. “I reply. 

 

“Just like that?”  she inquired.

 

“Just like that.   Now let me sleep.”  I demanded as my mind slipped away and my body collapsed into recovery. 

 

Sometime later that evening, I awoke my senses on full alert.   I sit up, listening but all is silent, too silent.  I quietly gear up in the leather armor, three long knives and two one-handed shorter swords provided by the general after my return from our walk.   Evidently someone reported back to the general on my style of fighting.  I walk outside, the whole camp is asleep, and it is after all still some time before sunrise.  I stroll back up the ramparts overlooking the grassland but I can no longer see much, just a heavy fog coming in.   Within seconds I already know what caused me to wake up. 

 

Quickly, I hunt down the general’s tent.  Without even acknowledging the sentry on guard telling me to stop, I walk straight into his tent.  He sits at desk writing in a ledger. Looking up at me as I enter he smirks “I am pretty sure you have a tent.” 

 

“We are under attack.”

 

‘Non sense.  No war party has the numbers or the stupidly to attack this fort” he quickly dismisses me. 

 

But no sooner that I could respond, a loud horn blows, and then blows a second time.  Only the second time was permanently cut short.  A look of concern covers the general face, “Get to the Princess” as he storms out of the tent. 

 

Unite in Perfection

Tender hands caressing one another,

Leading to kisses for my sweet lover,

The taste of honey upon her lush lips,

Fingers tracing lines of her smooth hips,

Look of excitement sparking in her eyes,

Light moans as lips meet her silky thighs,

Lost in ecstasy of our loving affections,

Only as one our bodies unite in perfection,

Alluring as the stars dancing in a clear sky,

Beauty like the flutter of a colorful butterfly,

My lips kiss every inch of her to explore,

Intoxicating me until forever desiring more,

Lost in the ecstasy of our loving affections,

Only as one our bodies unite in perfection.

© 2016 Xander West


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on May 10, 2016
Last Updated on May 10, 2016

Author

Xander West
Xander West

Suffolk, United Kingdom



About
I lost my passion to write for several years, better yet, I ignored my passion to write for several years. I am only once again touching my surface. more..

Writing