Only Through the Darkest Pain

Only Through the Darkest Pain

A Poem by Xander West

Only Through the Darkest Pain


Some loves in life are simply too strong, too deep to overcome, too painful to ever heal, too great to ever compare. The heart chooses a bond the mind never has control over. For who has ever chosen to fall in love? The heart senses a bond the mind could never see, yet the heart bares the scars for eternity while the mind can forget or block out any pain.


I have fallen in the deepest of loves, felt my heart swell in pride of sharing all with another, treasured the heartbeat of two becoming one, prized the love of another over my owe. I have survived the darkest pit of despair, felt that love torn to shreds, vanished in mere heart-stopping moments, felt all die within me, rotting from the core, permitting out to the love.


I never thought it possible to love another, how could one heart heal after such a crushing loss? I felt all crumble, slowly fade away, only to relight down the road. Perhaps, one can only truly love by first knowing heart ache. Perhaps, one can only sacrifice all after losing everything. Perchance, we are meant to suffer, for only then can we truly appreciate the love of another.


Only through the darkest pains, shall we appreciate true beauty. I once lost all in my life, I once thought my heart died forever, I once thought I had no hope. But I was wrong, for only by experiencing the worst shall we live the best. For who can appreciate the warmth of the sunshine without feeling the bite of winter? Who can admire the beauty of a dying flower, without first dying as well. For we all have our seasons, springs come and go, winters hurt each time, but summers shine the brightest. Perhaps in my next fall, I shall find the strength to survive the winter with my love intact, so that with each following spring, we bloom ever brighter.

© 2016 Xander West


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016
Tags: Life, Sad, Love, romance, sweet, depression, poem, poetry

Author

Xander West
Xander West

Suffolk, United Kingdom



About
I lost my passion to write for several years, better yet, I ignored my passion to write for several years. I am only once again touching my surface. more..

Writing