The Name of Love

The Name of Love

A Chapter by Tori
"

LoVe

"
"What are you doing hear!"
He stared at me with large, calm eyes, ignoring my question intentionally. I stepped closer to him, my defensive side flaring to life. 
"Devon. What are you doing here?" I repeated.
At the mention of his name, his eyes narrowed. I stood my ground as stood from his place on the rock he had been sitting on and paralleled his eyes with my own. I could feel his warm, shaky breath flow against my skin. It felt soothing, yet chilling at the same time.
"In case you missed the memo, my name isn't Devon. It's Romeo," he hissed, the venom in his voice sliding over my body like honey. I could feel the vexation he emitted slicing through my skin, pricking me like individual needles.  
"Why. Are. You. Here?" I countered, not allowing his stupid fantasy to ruin my plans. "You need to leave!"
"Why?" he demanded, showing the same stubborn technique I was going for. 
What was I supposed to say? I'd prefer to kill myself in peace, if you don't mind. Yeah. Right. That was it. Eh, like he would even care. 
"I have something very important I have to do," I replied, keeping my voice a low monotone, hoping not to give anything away. I slid the paper inside my jacket sleeve, hoping he wouldn't notice. He did.
I tried protesting as he snatched the piece of paper from hands and held it far out of my reach. He began unfolding the paper and scanned his eyes over the words. He hesitated, then turned towards me, his eyes widening at the sight of the rope slung carelessly over my shoulder. He just stood there, starting at me as if he had just witnessed a murder. 
"You-" he gasped. I averted my face from his accusing stare. It burned through me like a fire, demolishing every ounce of confidence I had in my plan. I watched him fall to his knees out of the corner of my eyes. "You…why?"
I refused to answer his question, even after he had grabbed onto my shoulders and began shaking me like a rag doll. Images of my dad returning home with flames in his eyes flashed into my mind. I could see the fury draining from his face into his fists as he shook and beat me. I screamed, hoping someone….anyone…would hear my cries. I prayed Dusty would hear them an come running into the living room like he had done countless times before, wedging himself between father and myself. Dad would never hit Dusty. He knew that. 
"Elissa! Elissa, calm down! Elissa!" 
I opened my eyes and stared into Romeo's green pools. He had brushed his hair out of his face, revealing both eyes. I calmed myself instantly.  But that wasn't what had silenced me. 
"You…know my name?" I stuttered. I couldn't believe it. The only people who knew my real name were Dusty, Essie, Mom and Dad. He nodded. "How?"
"I have my ways. Now, answer me, Elissa! Why?" his voice was frantic and full of despair. It hurt my heart to see him in so much pain. But…why was he in pain? Was it because he knew of my suicidal attempts? No. He didn't care for me. But…why?
"Why do you even care?" I asked, more out of curiosity than remorse. 
"I just do…Now please, Elissa! Tell me! 
"I…"
Concerned raged in his eyes like a wildfire burning through the helpless trees, destroying all life in its path. Should I tell him? Could I trust him? Every fiber of being said no, but my a tender flame in my chest said I could. I opened my mouth to answer…and that was when he saw the bruise. 


© 2011 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on March 7, 2011
Last Updated on March 7, 2011


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori