Muse

Muse

A Poem by
"

It has been a long time since I wrote poetry

"

 

Before I proceed to present the actual poem itself I believe it is essential I place this paragraph as a logical explanation to the veneration of muses. The very main reason for artisans perfecting their craft is to venerate their muse through their craft. It is deep and profound for us to describe our muse through art and yet look back and constantly realize that it is not good enough.

 

It can never be good enough.

 

We therefore constantly work on evolving our craft to the next higher level, constantly seeking to realize that our opus gives happiness to the muse. It is a selfless tribute with a very selfish motive. Artisans are constantly found to enjoy knowing their muse was pleased with their works. We live for the happiness of our muse, whose happiness makes us further alive. Our immortality lives alongside the immortality of our muse.

 

 

It is in the very humble request I offer my piece,

To my dearest muse whose very joy I thrive,

At each piece written,

And each word pondered,

Can it ever do justice to what is felt?

Can it ever do justice to what is seen beyond?

Has there been enough words to impart?

We are constantly seeking these transcendental

 words and verses,

Elevate to the next higher level…

 

It is but difficult to ponder upon,

The idea that comparing our muse to the supernova,

Could ever do enough justice,

To the brightest stars,

And even to the rose,

All that is being…

 

And yet they crave to be described such,

Even if justice shows none comparable,

To that even Beauty envies,

Transcendental is a state of staring at the sky,

To  see infinity…

 

And infinity can go vast,

As infinity is vast,

And the craft will constantly seek perfection,

To remain immortal,

Alongside its muse…

© 2008


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ask and you shall receive. ;)

I love this piece! It's flowing and eloquent, showing the enormous thought and insight that can be found in all of your work. You go beyond merely describing things to questioning them, pondering them, and comparing them. This poem has great imagery and true meaning.

My only critique is this: look at the last line of the first stanza:

"Elevate to the next higher level"

I'd consider taking out "next" or "higher," because they mean the same thing in this case and it feels redundant.

Great write, Haresh! :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


Apologies for reviewing your work so late. It has been on my list since quite some time.
Its a very good work of yours which is a bit unconventional (in a good way) and takes into account something very important and dear to us - the writers.
I really like the whole poem but I believe the way you started and ended shows your mastery at the craft you talk about in this poem. All the best,

Posted 16 Years Ago



Nice job Haresh. Def had a unique quality in it, all your own. As if I read from the book of Deepak Chopra, I kept wanting to read more.

"It is a selfless tribute with a very selfish motive." (i agree. writing is very unselfish, esp when we share it with others. that's why i love this site, it's a giving and taking, we are all sharing, it creates more of a close and friendly community, then say, myspace where they may be looking to just get gain and have as many friends they can, just because.)

YOur take on writing, and our muses, written with a spiritual and ethereal touch. That's what I like about your writing. Most of it is written in the same style. It makes it all your own.

Kena

Posted 16 Years Ago


"And infinity can go vast,
As infinity is vast,
And the craft will constantly seek perfection,
To remain immortal,
Alongside its muse�"

wow! what a beautiful metaphor! So deep and true indeed.
This is one of that kind of writing which I would love to and I'm sure that I will read over and over again.
The concept of "muse" has been so beautifully explained here and that's why I guess most of us could relate themselves with it and that too very well!
Exceptionally awesome! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


O Star . . . teach us to look higher.





Posted 16 Years Ago


"And infinity can go vast,
As infinity is vast,
And the craft will constantly seek perfection,
To remain immortal,
Alongside its muse"


Let me start by saying that I am a person who is not ashamed to admit when they don't know something. I did not fully understand a "muse", or so I didn't think I did and after reading this I researched it..(looked it up basically..lol), so I could fully understand what you were saying here.

Well, I discovered that I have a muse too ! lol And now, thanks to you and your awesome willingness to educate, I am no longer ignorant to what a muse is. I love to learn and will be quick to tell you if i don't know something, in an effort to learn it.

What I am trying to say is, this is a fantastic piece of work, but more importantly, thank you Haresh... for always lending helpful hints, and being so gracious as to educate your readers (hence the beginning of this piece). I find it very selfless and admirable.

Thank you for sharing this piece. Your writing is always exceptional. I'll have to revisit this... a few times.

and .... I know my muse now! :):)


Posted 16 Years Ago


I wrote a piece about my muse and how he visits me at the most unexpected of times and always leaves before I am ready to say goodbye. He is a tease that wants to set me on a path that will satisfy only him, with little regard to anything I might have to do at the time....smile....

And the craft will constantly seek perfection,

To remain immortal, -SO TRUE.





Posted 16 Years Ago


I reviewed this yesterday, but for some reason it didn't post... I'm glad, because for some reason, I saw something different in it today..

It is commonly thought that ideas can be as huge and brilliant as a supernova. Though, I see this particular muse as a someone and not a something, and looking at it that way, it makes it more understandable.

The beauty in poetry is that it allows readers to have their own interpretations, and this one leaves open a vast number of possibilities.

Wonderful job! You should post more poetry, you have a voice all your own!

Posted 16 Years Ago


so deep
absolutely beatuiful
thnx 4 sharin
~wandering soul~ xx

Posted 16 Years Ago


beautiful and deep. Very well-written tribute to your muse.

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

835 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2008
Last Updated on June 24, 2008

Author


Writing
Deep Forest Deep Forest

A Story by


 Tibet Tibet

A Story by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The illness The illness

A Chapter by Ralphy


Chompy's Magic Chompy's Magic

A Chapter by Ralphy