The Nosies

The Nosies

A Poem by
"

A change begins from the present.

"

Silence, gentle winds, stars, slight rain and no moon,

Distant howling, meows, dogs barking, sirens, and a constant hammer,

Squeaky breaks, windshield wipers, train whistles, loud mufflers and honking horns.

 

Slamming doors, shutting windows, mom’s voice hollering, children laughing, and several beers popped opened,

Swearing, flying china, television blaring, a child’s cry, a mom’s silence and the shriek of an owl.

Silence, the running motor of a truck, screeching tires and a few hours of silence.

 

Alarm clocks, sizzling bacon, finished dryer buzz, flushing toilet, running water and footsteps across the porch.

School bus honk, laughing children, a mother’s wave, and her black eye shines in the sunlight.

Slow gentle close of the screen door, phone ringing, coffee pot perking, dog scratching at the door,

 

Gas man knocks on the door, slow steps on the hardwood floor, notice torn off his pad, screen door creak,

Silent tears fall, counting change, phone rings, buzzing pain, pouring coffee, steam rising and despair.

Dialing numbers, conversation, tears, humiliation, angry words, and spirit deflated.

 

Suitcases yanked out of the closet, thud on the floor, drawers yanked opened, toiletries stuffed in a plastic bag, coffee pot click off and television smashed.

Coffee pouring in sink, china cup clanked on table, wedding rings falling down into the cup.

Cup left on table, silence of a missing note, nothing to say, screen door kicked open, suitcases thumped down on the porch.

 

Car brakes, window rolled down, trunk clicks open, whistle, dog bark, trunk shut, door opens, dog in backseat.

Woman climbs in, rolls down window, wind in her face, tears caught in the wind and the black eye shines in the sunlight.

Intercom, children called to the office, footsteps, apologetic looks, lockers slam and last warning bells.


 

Doors open, children look back and wave at friends, principle’s weak smile, car starts and silence.



Red light, squeaky brakes, car radio clicked on, love song plays, radio clicked off and question without answers.

Gum passed around, dog hangs out open window, children silent, book bags become pillows, and day becomes night.


Bright lights, rain, pavement becomes gravel, escaped sigh and hope for a different future…

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

One of my favorite writes! To be honest, i`d never read such a piece... like this before. I`m surprised even so feeling good to read this new art of creations. I`m sure, this write has come through the leaves of your "book" you working on.. ain`t it? Some deep or real conversations of your life are well captured into words... and you`ve really done a very great job to re-memorized such things of your life... allowing `em to get transformed into an ink of creativity. Excellent work, Nisha! ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


9 Years Ago

thank you kindly Stephen... It is not part of my life but alas part of one that is close to me.. I s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 6, 2014
Last Updated on November 6, 2014
Tags: abuse, marriage, divorce, children, love

Author


Writing
The scarring The scarring

A Poem by