The Truth

The Truth

A Story by J-Mysterious
"

A girl in love with her best friends boyfriend. She has crippling depression, and goes through a rough life

"
I don't know what struck me that made me want to write, to tell the world about my story. I just got on my computer, and started to type. The following paragraphs are me talki to you the readers, but telling a story at the same time. (Author Note: The format has dialogu but includes the character making side notes to the reader) Hi, my name is Saige Rose smith Smith. I'm a 15 year old girl, with crippling depression and a crush on a boy dating a close friend. I feel fine, but people think I'm insane. They act like I happen to be the reason the world is "ending It's currently four in the morning, and I feel like two shots of espresso would do some good. stand up, and walk right out the front doo Yeah, right out the front door, in pajama shorts and a hoodie. head down to the ocean shor listening to the waves break and crash on the sand. I sit on the sand watching waves roll; was beautiful at this time of night. wish would have brought a bathing suit, the water look amazing tonight. I see a male figure walking this way, and sigh. The silhouette becomes clearer as the figure sits. "Hey Red, hope I can sit." My nickname my friends gave me, because of my love of the color red. I sigh, recognizing the voice of my crush easily. "What are you doing out here so late?" He asks, wrapping his arm around me for comfort. "I couldn't sleep a all. So, came here to"watch the waves." smile, he was pretty and sweet. He was perfectly imperfect, the beat to my musical heart. We sit in silence as we stare. We grew closer to each other, the silence how we as humans connected. It was best not to actually talk. It gets confusing, trying to use words to connect. We soon part to go home, and get ready for school. I later decide to just go to the beach instead. I jump in, the cool feeling of joy surrounding me. I push through the water, going with the current I break the cool surface, to catch some air. swim around, my mouth up in a bright smile. I laugh, moving with the waves swim back to shore, and sit letting the waves hit my feet. I grab my phone, I check my calls quickly. Suddenly arms wrap around me, and a sin spreads on my face. "How did you find me here?" He shrugs, picking me up. As our bodi the water, we relax. We wade around the water in comfort, talking and laughing with each other. I was in love with him, even his name was pretty to me. Oh no but god forbid he has a girlfriend. I soon walk home with him, and we go to separate rooms to change eeting in the ng room, we sit to watch a movie together. We fall asleep our bodies entangle with each other's.
The week continues boringly, the weeks slowly turn into months, and the months turn into years. So far into our lives that we were graduating tomorrow, Jace and Zariah have broken up. He had gotten flirty and was still very sweet. I Was sat on the beach, staring at the stars. Everyone else was probably partying, and enjoying getting hung over before graduating. I liked it here though; it was calm and not full of drunk, puking teenagers. I lay there for hours, until daylight. Then I go start getting ready. The dress was beautiful, and the cap decorated to my liking. I curl my hair; wing my eye liner, to get myself ready. I slip on my shoes, and get in the car, a basic routine. I drive to the park, where graduation would be held. We go through the practice, and soon I have put on my cap and gown. The rest is a blur of speeches and scholarships. The graduates all leaving for the parties, I chose to go to the beach bonfire with Jase. We have fun, Jase and I walk away from the crowd not caring for their assumptions. We talk, our feet digging into the sand. l look at the sand, the seashells spell out, 'Will you be my mermaid princess, and move with the waves to Australia with me?' smile brightly, and kiss him. "Yes! of course, I would love to I laugh happily, hugging him tightly. It was a year later, and Jace was home, I happened to be on my way home to surprise him. We're happily together, and engaged. I pull up, and get out. I See a car pull out, and walk in I'm home early!" I shout loudly, setting my bag down. I walk upstairs, and see him lying the reading. I lie down, and cuddle into him. He kisses my head, smiling. "Good evening, my Love." He mumbles, nuzzling his face in my hair. We drift off, wrapped in each other's arms. We spend the next day swimming, and hanging around the beach. It became our place, and we loved it there. When night comes around, we head home and eat. The next day, I go to sleep as he leaves for work. l soon head off to the beach, to catch some waves I'm out there till around 12:00. Then, l head to the house. I go straight to bed, falling asleep. Jase comes home, and lays down behind me. I was up now, turning to him. I cuddle into him, humming in content. We fall asleep, our routine normal. He's been distant late I think to myself as I drive to work. I walk in the door, and feel my heart shatter. Jace was there, kissing another girl. I quickly run upstairs, grabbing all my stuff. "We're over!" I say, and walk back to my car. I hurriedly drive to my friend's house, and spend the night ther Avoiding a fight, with a girl didn't even know.
It was months later, and my life had fell apart. I was practically my friend's child. So, I get up and get in my car. l drive for miles, making my way to Sydney. I play my music as I drive. I get there and get a hotel room, and lay there for a bit. The beach was 4 miles away; I would walk there, stopping to get a board. I rest a bit, before I head for the beach. I get a board and wax, and then head to the beach. When I get there, I hit the waves. It was fun, I joke and laugh with the other surfers. We share stories, and hang out. When night hits, we lay on the sand listening to the waves and watching the stars. It was the most fun I'd had since I was still in middle school. We soon part, and I go to a cliff over rigid rocks. I sigh, and list my favorite quote. "Let me turn in to sand, and the waves wash me away." then whisper a goodbye. I jump, and then I'm gone. Bet your wondering, how is she still typing by now? Well, the thing is I'm not real. I'm a character which you're supposed to get attached to. Even, though I'm not real. I am a figment of the author's imagination. So, if you got attached to the unreal me, sorry I'm never going to be real. There may be similar situations. So, never believe fiction, this is how we let the fiction world push away the real world as kids. We believe love always happens, that we will all get our princesses and princes. In reality, there is always something stressful. It's depressing, but its life. Tell me, have you ever been stress free after the ages of 7 or 8? If you have, well welcome to the real world. It's full of cold hearted politics, heartbreakers, taxes, and financial problems. So, enjoy whatever you think is life, because I promise you it most likely isn't. In the end love makes you blind, and life is a messed up thing. We need to learn to accept that. So, that's my story. From beginning of fiction to the afterlife of imagination, it's not the end though. You know why, because I live on in your minds as you wonder what could'v happened different. This is how we learn to feel, we learn through the stories of others. We try to match our emotions to characters in a movie or book, so we can live an interesting life. You know I'm right. Make your assumptions that are not true, but deep down inside you know and you will accept it eventually. Whether you like or not, you will

© 2016 J-Mysterious


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on November 19, 2016
Last Updated on November 19, 2016
Tags: suicide, triggerwarning

Author

J-Mysterious
J-Mysterious

About
I'm a new writer. I right different stories. They are usually short more..