Tarts

Tarts

A Chapter by Dani
"

What do we have here?

"
Meanwhile, somewhere at the same time…
The adrenaline was inevitable.  The rush of the wave.  The shear content of animosity and glee.  The overwhelming orders.  The none - too - quick guards.  But of course, what was to be really worried about, was the none - too - pleased  girl.  
It was tea time, she believed, was when her day was ruined.  She was eating some tarts, her favorite treat.  She was accompanied by her two ever loyal servants, the messenger and executioner.  As they spoke leisurely, about what to do with that dreadful consort of her’s, the messenger suddenly became flighty and ill-behaved.  Abruptly, he scurried off, leaving the girl and executioner on their own.  
“Now what could possibly cause that?”  The girl muttered, hands clasped together.  The man standing beside her said nothing, as were his orders from earlier, because the girl had a ever - so - dreadful headache.
Coming back to the matter at hand…  Soon, the messenger returned, empty handed, and acting ever so odd near the executioner.  Now, the girl understood that the man was a gritty, depressing character, but the messenger was in no way defenseless, she noted.  
“If you two had a quarrel, take it somewhere else,” she snapped, nibbling delicately on a tart.  It was sweet, grape flavoured, she believed.  
The two young men bowed in agreement, taking matters elsewhere, much to the girl’s satisfaction.  Ah, Wonderland!  A beautiful place!  She thought, giggling a bit.  How she loved this world’s residents, all of them, equally and precisely.  She cared deeply for them, but alas, it was an unrequited love!  For some reason, the generous love she gave her patrons was not returned, much to her dislike.  If she loved them, how was it she herself was not loved?  It vexed her ever so deeply.  
“It couldn’t be helped!  I was in a hurry, believe me!  But then those blasted outlaws came and muffled the events!”
She overheard those two companions of her speaking to one another, glancing in their direction with a scowl on her face.  “What lousy pests those two are.”  She sighed, drinking the tea.  And yet, she found herself curious, despite herself.  There were only so many outlaws that her messenger could speak of.  In fact, and overwhelming majority of outlaws had popped out in Wonderland, unfortunately.
“She is needed.”  The executioner replied calmly, “That man sleeps, while she is able to approach this world.  Alice is a necessity for the queens’ return.”
Alice?  Alice?  Alice.  Alice!  The girl shot up in a fury, pushing the tarts over, purple jelly splattering against the clean, crisp pavement.  How she wished it was strawberry, or cherry!  Red, just like that awful girl’s lips were the last time she nearly ruined everything!   So why?  Why again?  The girl had admitted that the outsider was clever, why was she not satisfied with just that?  Why return?  Ruin all that this girl, this tart and sweet loving girl, had made?
The crashing plates and tarts caught the attention of her servants, who both returned to their posts by their side.  “Milady?  Is something wro--”
Kill her!  I want that girl dead!  I want to see her head rolling like a bowling ball!”  The girl cried, hysterically between rage and grief.  “I’m the only one to be loved!  I love everyone!  Why do we need that outsider?  That strange witch deserves to die!  She’s too nice!  Too perfect!  I don’t like it!”  She kept her fit going, her voice reigning supreme throughout the atmosphere.
The executioner kept his stony face as he looked at this pitiful girl.  “Your Majesty, we’ve yet to bring down, let alone retaliate, against the --”
“I don’t care!  Who cares about them?!  Alice!  She’s the one that deserves to die!”  The girl spit back.  “Her! Her! Her!  She’ll only get in the way!  She doesn’t belong here!  She doesn’t even exist!”
With that, the red and white castle was left in a frenzy, as new orders were spat, and heads were cut.


© 2011 Dani


Author's Note

Dani
To be honest, I need help with portraying "The Girl's" emotions a bit better. REVIEWS ON THIS WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Dani
Dani

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I'm a large fan of poetry, fantasy, and human psychology. So, you can be sure you'll see the latter three in my gallery the most. Usually, I write adaptions of fairy tales, such as Alice in Wonderla.. more..

Writing
Wonderland Wonderland

A Book by Dani


A Rabbit's Demand A Rabbit's Demand

A Chapter by Dani