Temper, Temper

Temper, Temper

A Chapter by Dani
"

Alice meets a mysterious beauty.

"
Alice trudged her way through the path she found. Her feet aching and tired, "What is this place?" She muttered, rubbing her head. "What are those people?"  Such ridiculous people she had met already!  Bossy rabbits, a rude mouse, sketchy hosts!  What more could possibly come across Alice’s direction?



"It's not 'what', it's 'who', child." A voice called out. "How illiterate."



"Who said that? You've no right to my literary skills!" Alice snapped, whipping her head around, she walked, not paying much attention, coming upon a large mushroom. The stem a pinkish color, and the roof orange. "How clashing, not even fungi are normal here." She complained.



"I'll have you know that your way of thinking shall get you into trouble, Miss Liddell." The voice persisted, "You're not open minded enough to survive Wonderland, scurry along and go back to Earth."


"Pardon?" Alice replied. She coughed as a puff of blue smoke blew in her face.   It smelt like cotton candy, she noted.


"Alice Liddell, you are causing quite the commotion here in Wonderland." The voice continued. "Though, I suppose you are curious to whom you are talking to. Are you not?" It asked. Alice hesitantly nodded, raising an eyebrow. "My name is Cassidy Usius Piler."

"I can't very well pronounce all of that I'm afraid." Alice sighed, crossing her arms. "Don't you have a nickname or something?"

"Call me Cassius then.  Simplistic girl." She replied. The puff of smoke disappeared, revealing a young, lithe woman lying on the mushroom. Her hair was cast in a long, wispy blue braid. Or perhaps her hair was so black it looked blue? And she gave Alice a piercing gaze with sunset eyes. "Alice, you are causing quite the commotion again."

"Well excuse me for being kidnapped by a bossy rabbit." Alice snapped, rolling her eyes, "I really don't have time for this you know."

"Time will decide how long you stay here. Until then, you should remember to keep your temper." Cassius shook her head, looking up to the sky cautiously. "You should know, Alice, that people know who you are quite vividly." 

"That's impossible."

"What is?"

"Them knowing me."

"Who knows you?"

"The people."

"As in?"

"Everyone!"

"Hmm...Never heard of them..."


© 2011 Dani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on July 31, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Dani
Dani

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I'm a large fan of poetry, fantasy, and human psychology. So, you can be sure you'll see the latter three in my gallery the most. Usually, I write adaptions of fairy tales, such as Alice in Wonderla.. more..

Writing
Wonderland Wonderland

A Book by Dani


A Rabbit's Demand A Rabbit's Demand

A Chapter by Dani