Give Me a Reason to Exist!

Give Me a Reason to Exist!

A Chapter by Dani
"

Cassius, the mysterious, sun-set eyed woman, asks Alice's questions that she'll have to answer one way or another.

"
Alice stomped at the ground, shaking her head indignantly at this blue haired woman.  For one, why did she live on a mushroom, and why did everyone have such an affection for word play?  Alice didn’t appreciate their ways.  Not one bit.

Cassius sighed, an airy type of sigh, “Yes, what is it?”  She asked, head tilted lazily.  “Are the fumes getting to you, child?”  She noted the cottony puffs of smoke.  Pink, green, orange, yellow, an entire array of colours surrounded her.  The small was almost vaguely familiar to Alice.  Cassius inhaled, a hookah appearing.  

Alice coughed, waving and swatting the smoke away.  “That’s not it.  It’s just… I want straight answers, not this poppycock nonsense everyone’s been giving me!  Treating me like a child!”  She snapped childishly. 

There are reasons for that, Cassius thought.  “Alice, you are by no means a child.  But you are treating your situation quite immaturely.  It is for that reason, you shall not obtain the answers you desire. Do you understand?”  

Alice merely glared at Cassius.   “I’m handling my situation logically.  There’s no reason for me to accept that a white rabbit kidnapped me, and suddenly turned into no more than a young man!  Let alone all the other --”

“Alice,” Cassius began sternly, “if you do not accept it, there is no hope for you.  Think of it as… a dream.  If you accept this dream, good things could happen.  Denying it… well who knows how that could do.”  She said, waving her hand in a bored motion, “Realise this, Alice, you are among our kind.  A kind different from what you are used to.  You are now the minority.  The black sheep.  You must go by our rules.”  She advised, “Or, suffer the consequences.”

These words were very ominous to Alice.  This beautiful figure in front of her was hiding something.  She pouted, “I still don’t believe in all this gibberish.”  She insisted plainly.

“You cannot harbour it?”  Cassius questioned, “Why is that?  Give me one reason as to why I shouldn’t exist.  That this entire world shouldn’t be present.”

“How is a rabbit to turn into a boy?  Or a boy to a rabbit?”  Alice asked, taking the woman’s challenge. “They aren’t.  They shan’t be able to cross one another’s line of DNA.  It’s not possible.”

“Why is that?  Have you proof one should not turn into another?  Those of Hindu believe that one’s soul transfers to different life form.  Does that make their lives, what they live for, ridiculous?  To you, a girl raised upon Christian grounds?”  Cassius laughed slightly.

Alice couldn’t believe this blunt woman’s words!  “Of course not, it’s ridiculous to believe --”

Cassius gave a huff of laughter, smoke blown into Alice’s silly face.  “You ignorant child.”  She said, “Why do you think so?  Because a man wrote abnormal, fantastical tales about winged beings and malevolent spirits?  A world in the clouds?  Beyond death?  A being who, while no one knows of his own origin, is said to have created one and all equally?  Who loves you all, but thinks no one deserves his grace?  Ha!  A ridiculous notion created by scared, powerless humans.  That it all it is.”  She said, “Humans are escapists by nature.  Whether to avoid tragedy, or even sexual indulgence.”  

“So, dear child.  Is it not true that all of mankind, of any sort of existence, lies with no logical answer?  Even in science, it is a questionable tale to achieve. If atoms are small to the naked, human eye, then why should any man made object be any better?”  

Alice stayed quiet, stunned by the woman’s harsh words.  

“Alice, it is about time to welcome back that dream from long ago…”

A cloud of smoke encircled Alice, “You should go now.”  Cassius stated.

Aghast at Cassius, and this intoxicating smoke, Alice sucked in a deep breath, stomping her way through the giant, ever clashing mushrooms.  She didn’t know where her feet would take her.  She just wanted to get away from Cassius.  From that over-casing doubt.

Watching the girl leave, Cassius couldn't help but feel disappointed.  She had left so many holes in her story to point out, but the girl let emotions take over.  How pathetic.


© 2011 Dani


Author's Note

Dani
Religious-wise, if I somehow offended anyone (really I don't how), sorry.

End of apology. Have fun in escapism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on July 31, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Dani
Dani

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I'm a large fan of poetry, fantasy, and human psychology. So, you can be sure you'll see the latter three in my gallery the most. Usually, I write adaptions of fairy tales, such as Alice in Wonderla.. more..

Writing
Wonderland Wonderland

A Book by Dani


A Rabbit's Demand A Rabbit's Demand

A Chapter by Dani