"Ruffians and Brutes!" Said the Mouse

"Ruffians and Brutes!" Said the Mouse

A Chapter by Dani
"

As the party continues, Alice learns more about her hosts, and tidbits of the world around her.

"
Marvus sighed, shaking his head sympathetically, "Never mind his riddle, it has no answer anyway. What Pace means by knowing Time is that -"
"Marvus! Don't ruin the fun you bore snore!" Kaas snapped indignantly. "Just drink your tea, Alice, it's nothing to worry about."   The teapot floated its way back to Alice’s tea cup, pouring tea into it smoothly.
Alice tilted her head angrily, "Whatever this nonsense is, I'll have no part of it."
"I apologize if our manners aren't to your liking. If it's answers you're looking for, you'd be better off looking for Cassius." Marvus suggested, pointing, with his ear, into a far off garden. "Cassius is a wise person, I'm she'll offer some advice."
"Cassius..."  Alice repeated to herself, but she had no idea as to why she felt compelled to do such a ridiculous thing in such a ridiculous situation with such ridiculous (or rather colourful) people.
"What? Marvus Lompat! Don't you dare make her go that way! That's were those dreadful ruffians are!" Kaas spat, tail swishing side to side.
Pace Mal nodded, his hair falling into his eyes, "Kaas is right. Coeur Territory is dangerous for people not from here. They'd have her life in no time."  He warned, looking over in the distance, rather than Alice herself.
Alice's frown grew larger, "Coeur Territory?"  What odd names these places have!
Marvus shook his head, "Alice will be fine. Since when were they eager to jump into battle anyway? They're against the Queen, so I consider them allies."
Pace sighed, “Marvus, not everything comes into stride.  That young queen has no idea what she’s doing.  All she does is for the attention of others.“  He commented, sipping his tea sharply.
Kaas nodded, “That’s right!  She’s the middle child of everything and never gets attention.  It’s always Miss Segar of Lady Sy.  Never poor old --“
“That’s enough, Kaas.  I’m sure Alice isn’t interested in all this political nonsense.“  Pace interrupted.
Alice pouted, standing from the table, "At this point I don't care, I just want to get some answers worth listening to." She snapped, "So I'll be on my way now." She walked away, walking into the forest.
~
“Will she be alright?”
“Of course.  Dear Miss Alice knows how to stay out of trouble.”
“But what if that --”
He surely won’t do anything.”
“If you’re sure.  I still think that the poor girl--”
“She’ll be fine.  Now let’s enjoy our tea while it’s still hot.”


© 2011 Dani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Dani
Dani

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I'm a large fan of poetry, fantasy, and human psychology. So, you can be sure you'll see the latter three in my gallery the most. Usually, I write adaptions of fairy tales, such as Alice in Wonderla.. more..

Writing
Wonderland Wonderland

A Book by Dani


A Rabbit's Demand A Rabbit's Demand

A Chapter by Dani