Invitation

Invitation

A Chapter by Dani
"

Whilst speaking to residents of the Glass Forest, Alice soon discovers more and more curious creatures.

"
"Impressive use of knowledge. I admit to that, Rabbit." Asanti said, bowing her head, "For acknowledging my place here, I'll let you two go on your way." She said, flicking her tail to Avlyn, "We should go." She told him. Avlyn flew away.

Alice blinked, surprised at what happened, Tempus ,sighed, pulling her out of the forest quickly. "Asanti is severely vain. Those who mock or do not fear her, die, since I declared she is real, she let us go." He explained. "Now, we've made yet another mistake, landing ourselves in the Mal territory."

"Mal territory?" Alice asked, looking back at the Glass Forest. "What's that?"

Tempus lowered an ear, frowning suddenly, "Well, I'd tell you, but we have a guest." He commented, turning to a tree. "Who's there? A simple question!"

"Kaas. Now, White Rabbit, why do you come here with some strange new person?" A squeaky, girly voice replied. Alice caught sight of a silver gleam, jumping as a dagger hit the bottom of a tree harshly. "Hmph! Stupid rabbit." The voice said. Though, it was hard to take seriously.

Tempus scowled, "Kaas! Leave the safe cowardice of that blasted tree and show yourself already. I don't have time for another lecture. Your territory is solely neutral, you've no right to stop me."

"Do not push your luck." A petite girl jumped from the tree. Revealing icy blue, large eyes and bluish hair that stuck in place with her slick movements. A blue tail wrapped around her leg in annoyance, "You're annoying, Tempus Lompat. Who is that strange girl anyway?"

"Alice." Tempus replied. simply "Now, where's the owner of the cottage? Shouldn't you be having tea?"

Kaas shook her head, crossing her arms, "It's not even tea time yet you ridiculous albino." She snapped, "If you're in such a rush, then leave. No one invited you." Her voice deepened, the squeak was still present, though she still sounded more mature.

"Now then, Kaas. that's no way to treat guests. Expected or otherwise." A voice called out. 

Alice jumped, turning her head to a tree, a red haired man leaning against it. "Tempus, it's not everyday I see you. How do you fare?" He asked, smiling politely, his eyes were hidden by the large, flamboyant hat he wore, crossing his arms calmly. "And I see you have a guest! How wonderfully splendid! Who might you be, miss?" He asked, tilting his head, eyes still hidden.

Alice gulped, nervous of the mysterious stranger, she tightened her grasp on a branch, "Alice." She replied simply and steadily. She waited for a reply, only to be surrounded by silence. "Who are you?" She asked.

The man raised his head, revealing spirited and confident yellow-green eyes. "Pace Mal, my dear. This is my humble abode, and you've met my friend Kaas Komijin, I can tell." He said, gesturing his hands behind him, revealing a dome like house decorated with mushrooms and more elaborate junk. "You came just in time for tea, would you care for some?"

Alice blinked, tilting her head, blonde strands of hair falling in front of her eyes. The man invited her to tea, so he couldn't have been that bad. Then again, it could be like a stranger, child, and candy. "I'm afraid I can't." She replied, smiling weakly.

Pace frowned, raising an eyebrow, suddenly his face brightened, "Well, if you don't know, let a riddle figure things out." He laughed, "What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?" He asked, smiling cheerfully.

Alice thought for a while, thinking of her English and Literature classes. She couldn't think of any words, and shook her head, "I'm afraid I don't know."

"A teapot! That's one of my favorite riddles." Pace laughed. Alice frowned, feeling foolish for such an obvious answer. "No need to fret, you've obviously have never had much good tea." He added.

Tempus shook his head, scoffing irritably, "What nonsense! We've no time for such tedious riddles." He snapped, pulling Alice from the other two. 

Pace smiled, "Now now, White Rabbit of the Hearty Queen. Do you really desire giving such a nice girl to that terrible adolescent? Both of you would lose your heads quite easily."

Alice's eyes widened, pulling from Tempus' grasp, "Beheaded?! Tell me you're joking!" She demanded, crossing her arms and shaking her head once more. "What an awful joke!"

"I'm not joking, The Queen of Hearts would behead you easily. I wouldn't think of joking of such a manner." He replied, sounding serious, "That girl is evil incarnate. I much more fancy her sisters."

Alice sighed in defeat, "I guess, I could stay for some tea if she's that horrible of a queen." She said quietly.

Tempus shook his head, "She'll be displeased of this, but fine. I'm going to be late for an appointment soon." He said, starting to walk away, disappearing shortly after.

Kaas shook her head, "Rude rabbit!" She stomped her foot, she turned to Alice, smiling suddenly, "Let's get ready for tea, Alice!"


© 2011 Dani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Dani
Dani

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I'm a large fan of poetry, fantasy, and human psychology. So, you can be sure you'll see the latter three in my gallery the most. Usually, I write adaptions of fairy tales, such as Alice in Wonderla.. more..

Writing
Wonderland Wonderland

A Book by Dani


A Rabbit's Demand A Rabbit's Demand

A Chapter by Dani