Snowdrop and a Ribbon

Snowdrop and a Ribbon

A Chapter by Dani

"A rabbit? What's so bad about a rabbit?"

"It'll destroy the garden, Alice, and Edith will be very upset if that happens. You know she loves marigolds." A woman turned to the girl named Alice, clad in her puffy, purple dress, brown locks entangled by her fluid movements. 


"Alice, are you paying attention? Are you dozing off again? I do hope you instructors go easy on your daydreaming habit. It's but a nuisance."

Raising her head, the girl pouted, "But it isn't their problem, therefore, they shouldn't care." She replied in a bored state, petting the white feline that lay at her lap, "Besides, Snowdrop and I are playing." She lifted the small little thing, a mew of protest from being disturbed from slumber.

The brunette smiled sweetly, "Dear Alice, you've yet to give her a collar of some sort, so that she doesn't claim any mice or birds as prey." She pat the soft scruff of Snowdrop, a content purr filling the moment of silence.

Alice thought for a second, fiddling with her blue hair ribbon, "Ah, yes, of course!" She exclaimed mid-thought. She pulled the ribbon from her hair, blonde bangs covering blue eyes. 


She straightened it, then stood up, looking up, she pulled out the bell that was snapped onto her choker, tying it to the ribbon. She sat back down, tying the ribbon to Snowdrop's scruff. "Problem solved."

Lorina laughed, "Such elaborate thinking, Alice you truly are clever, such simple thinking for a nineteen year old maiden."  She thought for a second, spotting another kitten, similar to Snowdrop, but black.  "Kitty already has a collar, luckily."  She's so mischievousness."

Snowdrop was white.  Kitty was black.  Their mother, Dinah, was a grey feline.  Dinah had recently passed away, much to Edith's dismay.

"Really, Alice, you're a very resourceful girl."  Lorina said.


Alice smiled, "Thanks, I'm going to go out to the back and read now." She said, grabbing a brown book, with pretty gold letters that read "Pride and Prejudice".

Reaching the backyard, she scurried to a secret area of hers. 

Near the fountain, behind a big oak and bush, the oak tree had a hollow hole large enough for Alice, a towel placed there. Alice crouched, careful not to hit her head. Once she got herself comfortable, began reading...

It wasn't long before Alice became bored with the book. Originally, Lorina had gave it to her as a suggestion, because of how much she had fancied the book herself. Alice cast the book aside, now curling up, dozing off slowly but surely.


© 2011 Dani


Author's Note

Dani
Snowdrop and Kitty: Appear in "Alice Through the Looking Glass".

Lorina and Edith Liddell: Alice's real life sisters, Lorina the eldest, Edith the youngest, and aren't mentioned in either story.

(ignore any grammar problems right now.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Dani
Dani

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I'm a large fan of poetry, fantasy, and human psychology. So, you can be sure you'll see the latter three in my gallery the most. Usually, I write adaptions of fairy tales, such as Alice in Wonderla.. more..

Writing
Wonderland Wonderland

A Book by Dani


A Rabbit's Demand A Rabbit's Demand

A Chapter by Dani


Invitation Invitation

A Chapter by Dani