Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(
"

Penelope joins wicca.

"

The next day was one of the days I didn’t like that much, because I couldn’t see Kane until lunch. I was going to tell him that I wanted to join the religion. Well, at least Penelope was in this class with me.

“Hey, Penelope.” I whispered as the teacher started lecturing. “Hmmm?” She asked. She was stuck in a witchcraft book.

“I want to join Wicca.” I said. Her head snapped up, then she smiled. “Really? That’s awesome! Tell Kane at lunch, and he will give you some stuff to start out with.”

“Yeah, that’s what I was going to do. I wonder what kind of crystal he’ll give me?” I wondered.

“He’ll have a bag of them, and you reach your hand in and feel any tingling sensations. He said it’s energy vibrations. The crystal will pick you, not the other way around.”

“Cool,” I said. I was excited for lunch.

Classes passed by slowly, but finally, it was lunchtime. I ran to our table, but kane wasn’t there. I had a moment of despair, then Melanie said, “Oh, Kane is waiting for you outside near the trees in the parking lot.”


“Thank you,” I said, then ran back out of the cafeteria.

I saw kane leaning against a tree. He was sitting on the ground, cross-legged. His head was back, and his eyes closed. He looked peaceful. Was he meditating?

I walked up slowly, quietly, and he tilted his head down and opened his eyes. “Chloe, I heard you wanted to join the Wiccan religion. Sit, I have something for you.”

I sat, trying to make my position the same as his, but without a tree to lean back against. He took out a black cloth bag with silver swirls and a golden rope drawstring. He opened it, pulled his book of shadows out, then a box that was painted green and red around the edges. There was a red pentacle painted on the top center. He opened the box, and I got a whiff of some herbs. I hoped it wasn’t marijuana. All herbs smelled the same to me.

He pulled out a bundle of herbs, then took out five crystals.

“Before I let these crystals choose you, I want you to know what each one is. This pink one is rose quartz. It’s for love. Quartz crystal, for strengthening other crystals. Amethyst for psychic awareness. Tiger’s eye, for physical strength. And Amazonite, for protection.”

“Now I’m going to put them in this bag.” He took out a mat, and a book, then dumped the crystals into the bag. “I’m going to let the crystal choose you now. It’ll be your companion; your crystal of choice. Usually whichever crystal chooses you, that’s what your magickal specialty is. For instance, if you choose quartz crystal, you add strength to spells and rituals. Amethyst, you have good psychic awareness for divination. Rose quartz, for love and relationship spells.”

“Don’t be worried if you don’t feel a tingling sensation. I don’t have every crystal in here right now; the rest are at home. I didn’t think I would need them. But if you do feel a sensation, you can keep the crystal. But don’t make up the sensation. You’ll know when you feel it.”

I stuck my hand in the bag. It was rough and warm, a thick material. He closed the bag around my hand so I couldn’t see the crystals. I could feel them, though; cool against my hand. They clanked around together when I moved them. Then I felt something tingling, a prickling sensation, like when your hand is cold and you warm it near a fire.

There it was! My crystal. I grabbed onto it and nodded to Kane. He opened the bag and I took my hand out. The crystal was pink. A rose quartz!

“Oh, cool. You know, I would’ve expected you to have the obsidian and Penelope to have the rose quartz. But it’s the inside, your soul, that the crystal is looking for.” Kane said.

“What does that mean then, that Penelope has the obsidian? Is that bad?” I asked.

“No, the obsidian, with it’s black color, absorbs things, usually depression. That’s also what the color black does. That’s why a lot of Goth people wear black. For one, they see it for what it truly is. And for another, it absorbs and takes depression away from the person. Does Penelope make you more happy or at least less sad when you are around her?” Kane explained.

“Yes,” I said.

“Exactly. That’s how I knew the crystal was right for her. And the rose quartz fits you perfectly. You’re obsessed with intimacy and love.”

I scoff. Well, that’s embarrassing.

“Well, why else would you be in Psychology and Home EC, waiting for the relationship and baby part? Why else did you do the love spell?”

I look down, my face blushing. I was about to cry. “You’re in Psychology and Home Ec too!” I exclaimed.

“Yes, but I didn’t do a love spell, did I? I’m not focused on the relationship and baby parts of the class.”

I started to cry with a tear slipping down my cheek.

“No honey, it’s not a bad thing. I needed you to admit it and accept it. It’s just… I sense you’re lonely. Like the type of lonely that you feel even when you are in a crowded room. You can’t fit in with people. I know exactly how that feels. You’re not alone. At least you have me. And Penelope. And maybe even Fursnitalah.”

I stop my tears and look up at him. “Thank you,” I say. Then I do something that shocks us both. I wrap my arms around him, squeeze our bodies together, and hang on for dear life.



© 2018 WitchyWiccan)0(


Author's Note

WitchyWiccan)0(
Re-uploading all of the chapters

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm enjoying watching your characters develop.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 12, 2018
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: Book of secrets, Penelope, Wicca


Author

WitchyWiccan)0(
WitchyWiccan)0(

Hampton, VA



About
Hello, my name is Nyxia Night, I am a Pagan High Priestess of the Lunar Night Coven. I am 18 years old, and live in hampton, VA. I write Short Stories, Novels, and nonfiction about myself and Paganism.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(