A Tale Of Tails

A Tale Of Tails

A Story by Willys Watson

A Tale Of Tails

After Doc had finished breakfast Chuck slowly came up to him. Doc looked at him and smiled.

“You’re up early, aren’t you?” Doc asked.

“To be honest, I didn’t get much sleep because of what happen in the kitchen last night,” Chuck confessed.

“Well, you shouldn’t jumped on my back in here, causing me to lose my concentration and drop that pile of dishes I was carrying, Chuck. At least half of them broke when they hit the tile floor.”

“I’m really sorry about that, Doc, but you still shouldn’t have insulted me?”

“What insult?”

“You know, the ‘why did you do that, you big Lizard?’ insult.

“I over-reacted and I’m sorry. But you do realize you are a big Lizard, don’t you?”

“Of course not. I always thought we were the same, part of the same family. except I’m prettier that you.”

“Oh, dear buddy! We are family, and you are prettier than me, but hop up on the table, and wait, while I get a book from my library.”

When Doc came back into the kitchen he sat at the table and opened to book to the section about Iguanas. Chuck stared at the photo a minute and looked at Doc with a puzzled expression.

“Be proud of what you are, Chuck, because you’re one of the most magnificent creatures to ever walk on Earth, a surviving decedent of the dinosaur age.”

What Doc said gave Chuck a pride in himself he didn’t know he had, but he was quickly distracted by another photograph in the book.

“Doc, what’s that ugly one called? The one that looks like it’s hair is frozen still?” Chuck asked as he pointed to a photograph of a Horned Lizard.

“That is commonly called a Horned Toad, but it’s really a Lizard and the correct name is Horned Lizard.”

“That tail is kind of wimp looking compared to mine.”

“Well, as Lizards go you’re much larger than the Horned Lizard,” Doc assured him.


“I can see that, but what about your tail, Doc?”

“Don’t be silly. You’ve been in my tub when I’m taking a shower, so you know I don’t have a tail. I know you’re joking.”

Chuck laughed the way an Iguana does, then hopped off the kitchen table.

Chuck still jumps up on Doc to surprise him, but is careful to make sure he isn’t holding anything. And he looks forward, with pride, when Doc calls him a big, magnificent Lizard.

© 2022 Willys Watson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An entertaining tale for kids of all ages, from 1 to 100! Thanks for the smile!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL oh wow, dear, that's a unique story. I love it. The Chuck and the Lizard. LOL. Eh? I see, great remambroe, :D

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 29, 2022
Last Updated on March 29, 2022
Tags: Humor, Pets, Lizards, Iguanas

Author

Willys Watson
Willys Watson

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Artist, Scalawag. more..

Writing