Conquering her fears

Conquering her fears

A Poem by Heartswhispers(Kylie Jensen)

Only her toes showed, painted blue poking through the sand, she thought it odd, crisp white sand, tainted blue. She gathered time in her hands and let it slip through her fingers, she never wanted to look at another ticking measure again. The sun she noticed was no longer to be seen, it too seems to slip from her mind as an after thought. But night she welcomed, hidden behind clouds of black she could display herself to no-one. Such an invite, could not be wasted. She gathered herself and bid goodbye, before the moon began to show his face, this was not something she wished an audience for, no matter what his disguise. She felt for footing as she trailed her way up the lengthy track, no mountain too large to climb, she thought with a smile. The cliff confronted her, but there was no bottom to be seen, as she edged herself closer so she could feel the breeze that climbed the hill side, that would ultimately carry her in her moment of glory. She reveled in the silence, and her black cloak of darkness. She did not falter as she leapt out, with no fear, no thought and set herself free.

She had always wanted to conquer her fears. 

© 2011 Heartswhispers(Kylie Jensen)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

whoa this is emotional and so powerful,
Like how you express your feelings here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2011
Last Updated on June 6, 2011

Author

Heartswhispers(Kylie Jensen)
Heartswhispers(Kylie Jensen)

QLD, Australia



About
I write, I read, I listen, I love. more..

Writing