Seige

Seige

A Story by St. Ajora
"

Story written for a class using 20 unfamiliar vocabulary words.

"

Aeroith the infamous Azure Knight, head of king Gibreith’s Azure Knights was born to a poor family. Young Aeroith spent his youth on the streets of the old kingdom and in his early adolescence, fell in league with a clandestine group of troublesome derelicts known only as kin of Azura. With a flagrant disregard for kingdom law, they ran rampant throughout the upper kingdom. They fought and stole to increase the paucity of food available to those lowborn. At that time, a revolution was taking place. The old king, a selfish tyrant whose ruthless reputation preceded him, was a man who saw all those around him as his enemy, he did not discern between friends, foes, or bystanders. Azura Gibreith, a well respected highborn noble and revolutionary living in the lower kingdom despised his king and his perverse rule. Azura was an affluent man whose ethics were inexorable. He adopted Aeroith and became his confident along with many other abandoned lowborn children of the lower kingdom. They became his tools, his precocious revolutionary soldiers. They all believed in Azura, they knew his ambitions were feasible. Others who knew of Azura’s plans to overthrow his king were dubious; they thought it inane, as his forces only consisted of children and young squires. It is said, the tyrant king knew of and tolerated Azura and his plans to oust him, but its unknown as to why he failed to quill Azura’s laudable recruitment efforts.  On the day of his insurrection, Azura and his cohort sallied through the upper kingdom towards the gates of the king’s castle. Under duress distraught gatesmen lowered their arms and to the king’s consternation, the future Azure King and his Azure Knight entered his hall and soon stood before him.  


© 2011 St. Ajora


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on July 23, 2011