Azure King

Azure King

A Story by St. Ajora
"

Assignment from college using 20 previously unknown vocabulary words.

"

He was Fiddliche, the infamous King of Maganu beside him the former aspirant highborn squire Ceriphyn. Knighted Ceriphyn joined his King’s belligerent High Knights whom the people of the surrounding lands had come to loathe. The Dunce Corps of Maganu. One could not speak their name without a slight hint of disdain, as their cruelty was so great if evil were a tangible weapon each knight would have possessed it.  Their ominous presence easily triggered frenzies of fear among common men. Not only did they seek to intimidate all things mundane, they openly insulted, belittled and jostled any unfortunate person that inadvertently encountered them.  Stories often told of “cleansing”, a euphemism for the horrid “game” played upon towns’ people. One would be so lucky as to escape this game with mere cuts or lacerations, taking lives and limbs the height of the sport. One would think there was no solace from their tyranny, however in a kingdom just south of Maganu lye Deluce and Gibreith the Azure King who scoffed upon those who caused suffering.  Answering the pleas of the people, the Azure King ordered the cessation of the sordid actions of Fiddliche’s knights and in his declaration to the Maganian King, he did stipulate, for the protection and salvation of all those lowborn, the Dunce Corps were to be disband. If not by Fiddliche’s word, then by the sword of Aeroith and the Azure Knights.


© 2011 St. Ajora


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on July 23, 2011