Nobility of Lunaris

Nobility of Lunaris

A Story by Wabbajack
"

Fictional article telling about origins of today's nobility in Lunaris.

"

The nobility of Lunaris was first formed during the end of the Fay Invasion, when the fay and the humans agreed upon the union between Princess Salaara Lore and the nymph Oscar Weaver. Not wanting to show favoritism for either side, it was also agreed that the name of the new royal family would become Loreweaver. Their children were among the first of the Lunarian elves (Lunarian of course being a continental reference), and from then on, it became tradition that the royal family would always be elven.

During this time period of the first Loreweaver family, an age known as The New Union, Oscar's parents were declared the Duke and Duchess of the Duchy of the Gryphon, which at that time included Eclipsia and parts of Balladonia. The Lores became the nobles of the Duchy of the Magi.

As the years passed, there came a generation when the Loreweavers had only three boys, and no girls. The oldest boy Galeron, who would be heir unless a daughter was born, was laxly allowed to marry for love, and so he chose a young woman born to a family of scholarly magi named Cauladra Arcanscape.

Only a few years after the first Arcanscape family took the throne, Edrim, the youngest of the three Loreweaver boys married Umrielyth, the daughter of a merchant, and was renamed Glimmergaunt. Old documents show that his sister-in-law the queen cherished the brothers so much, that she set up two new duchies for them to rule. The new Glimmergaunt family was granted a portion of the Duchy of the Magi, renamed the Duchy of Syona.

The middle brother, Iliphar, never married, but instead insisted on visiting brothels and having mistresses. He remained a Loreweaver and was granted a portion of the Duchy of the Gryphon, which was renamed as the Duchy of Lunahime. Being the two major deities to worship at the time, Lunahime and Syona were the goddesses that made the most sense to choose.

232 years later, Iliphar's oldest b*****d daughter, Yunalesca Loreweaver, became the new duchess when Iliphar was poisoned. There has been much conjecture, most of it quite inappropriate, surrounding the nature of Iliphar's assassination. However, old documents from the royal court are quite clear in stating that investigations into the duke's death were fruitless.

56 years after the death of Iliphar Loreweaver, the duke to be Olwynn Lore married his betrothed, a fay woman named Valindra Gladomain. Like the Loreweaver brothers, Olwynn had no sisters to rule the duchy. Unlike the Loreweavers, he was an only child, and thus the nobility of the name Lore had ended.

In the years to come, there may arise more notable events in the history of our nobility, but until Princess Leilanni finally marries Lord Aramil Glimmergaunt, it is as I have written.

© 2019 Wabbajack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on March 9, 2019
Last Updated on March 9, 2019
Tags: Fantasy, politics, magic, Scitasy

Author

Wabbajack
Wabbajack

Boone, IA



About
I like to write. And other things... I'm not talking about them right now. ITS TIME TO SAVE THE REALM! RESCUE THE DAMSEL! SLAY THE BEAST! ...or die trying. ^^ You know you love the Sheo. Anyone an.. more..

Writing
Mundan Mundan

A Story by Wabbajack