The Nebuni Wastes

The Nebuni Wastes

A Story by Wabbajack
"

Fictional article about the formation of an anarchy in Scitasy

"

     The Nebuni Wastes is the name of a large area of land directly south of Lunaris. It was originally the prison district for criminal Nebuni, however at one point they rose against the guards and wardens, killing all Lunarian employees, and anarchy consumed the region.

     The increase in Nebuni amongst the populace was largely due to the destruction of Garendra. In the wake of its destruction, Necromancy had been outlawed, and during the next five years, all magical academies in Ancient Lunaris were temporarily shut down in order to thoroughly review, and if necessary revise, their curricula.

     Initially, the revised curricula were worse than the original ones, causing magical education to become inept. The First Magical Education Revision was enforced for eight years before it was discarded, and another three years of academic shut down followed to create the Second Revision.

     The Second Revision was a definite improvement upon the First, since it was much closer to the original curricula (which had worked well for thousands of years), but it was still a mere shadow compared to what it should have been. Both revisions had been specifically designed to severely limit students’ true understanding of their magical abilities, and after nine more years of mishaps, Cauladra Arcanscape finally realized that the Second Revision wasn’t working much better than the first.

     The Third Revision was given one year to be drafted, and was required to be a merging between the educational restrictions from the Second and the advanced teachings from the original system. (26 years of magical-education f**k up) Most modern day academies in Lunaria operate under the Third Magical Education Revision, or some variation thereof.

     With naturally budding necromancers and demon summoners having zero guidance, and many other young mages lacking in the understanding of their abilities, Nebuni were springing up all over the empire. As the criminal Nebuni menace grew, the populace in the south were uprooted and moved to other areas of the empire to establish a prison district. The impassable mountains were declared the western border of the district, and walls were built to establish the other two.

     Order was well kept in the prison district for the next ninety years, but during those ninety years people gradually lost interest in the careers of guarding and warding the district. When the Nebuni Uprising finally occurred, staff was short and the prison population was too big to manage. Cauladra’s daughter, Alessandra, fought hard to reclaim the district, but suffered too many losses to continue. Alessandra finally gave up, and sealed off the border.

     Since the Uprising, many self-proclaimed governments and leaders have risen and fallen; the only constant structure has been anarchy.

© 2019 Wabbajack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on March 9, 2019
Last Updated on March 9, 2019
Tags: Fantasy, politics, magic, Scitasy

Author

Wabbajack
Wabbajack

Boone, IA



About
I like to write. And other things... I'm not talking about them right now. ITS TIME TO SAVE THE REALM! RESCUE THE DAMSEL! SLAY THE BEAST! ...or die trying. ^^ You know you love the Sheo. Anyone an.. more..

Writing
Mundan Mundan

A Story by Wabbajack