Prolugue

Prolugue

A Chapter by Irene Grace

  Prologue

March 11, 2013

Dear Emma's friend,

   I want you to know that my actions were not done out of spite. They were done with my best interests at heart. I am not intending to upset anyone who reads this, but I want to dispel the allegations that have been put against me in the past twenty three years. Many of these allegations are false ones that my enemies created to frame me. Unfortunately, law enforcement believed ALL of them thus landing me in prison ‘camp’ for the next twenty three years. Those twenty three years were the worst ones of my life...well, for the most part. I did make quite a few friends that I still have to this day. Some of these friends are law enforcement who were EXTREMELY kind to me as well as took GREAT care of me while I was in the ‘camp’. As a matter of fact, one of them is lying next to me as I write this letter. In addition to the fact that he is a police officer, this man also happens to be my husband.  My husband's name is Ambrose but everyone calls him Ambie. I haven't said anything about me, have I? That's what I thought. My name is a rare spelling of Irene because I am not actually human. Instead I'm a Greek goddess named Irene, who's the goddess of unmarried men and women, and animals.  Ambie and I rule over the Underworld together, and I handle most of the affairs but he handles a few such as judging the dead souls that come through among other things.  We have three kids and they are a HANDFUL, especially the youngest, a boy.  Enough about us, though. I'd like to know how you came to find this letter of mine and where you found it at. What? You say it was inside one of your friend's books she loaned you a couple weeks ago?  What was her name? Emma? Wait a minute...What's Emma's last name? Was it Grace perhaps? It was?! Of course! Your friend is my oldest daughter. I should've known that my daughter would have my letter tucked away somewhere her guardians wouldn't find it. 

  Sincerely,

Irene Grace, patron goddess of animals, unmarried men and women and Queen of the Underworld



© 2016 Irene Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on November 9, 2016
Last Updated on November 9, 2016


Author

Irene Grace
Irene Grace

Carbondale, IL



About
I love writing everything. more..

Writing