TRUTH? IF YOU SAY SO

TRUTH? IF YOU SAY SO

A Poem by Vol

AI can perfectly reproduce a voice

after listening for three seconds,

and there are programs to

manipulate faces, body language,

backgrounds, and events.


So now that we are conditioned

to have on our persons something

electronic that is always on,

our faces buried in its screen,

we have been assimilated

and resistance is irrelevant.

© 2024 Vol


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A tool like a pen or a brush or something else. Perhaps more sinister. It is perhaps like Republicans say it is not the gun it is the man that wields it. Which is true to a certain extent. Unless the gun can wield itself? Or society does it for them.
As always there is an intelligence mixed with pathos and beauty in your writing. And it is so evident here.
Feed your head my friend.
Finally can I make a plea for a bigger font. I'm not as young as I used to be. Which in itself is a truism.

Posted 6 Hours Ago


Hey Vol, long time no review...but I have been reading, promise.
I was trying my bestliest to remove myself from that dreaded (and broken) reviewer list, but have given up after 5 months of silence (and I'm still flumpin' well on it!)
Anyhoo, thought you might like to see this....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/cdje9nz7ll1o

It's about a guy trying to use AI to fool his colleagues at a zoom meeting. If you watch you'll see that they all guessed in seconds it was AI, perhaps due to its time lag and very weird blinking. I doubt we have much to worry about if this is the optimum version, but it still freaks me out a little.
Do you remember the days of lost wallets and the nuisance that was? Well the reason it freaks me out is that if I was silly enough to leave the house without ID, or had my wallet pinched, I'd now need new eyeballs and a finger transplant to prove who I am!
No doubt the next fake news will be "how do we know we are real and not AI?" Well good question. I was just saying that to young, slim Elvis, JFK and Marilyn Monroe and that's when Einstein chimed in with his "what is reality" monologue, which convinced Mr that no matter what we term as real, must indeed be real, which was a relief because that means I must be a real life boy and not a weird puppet that's nose grows when he fibs!
I'm sure glad of that because I've got a hot date tonight with cleopatra tonight. I've to meet her at the Matrix at half past then.
I reckon it's a rave because she told me I had to take a choice of red pill or blue pill!
Now, aren't you wishing I kept up my not reviewing now?
😃

Posted 7 Hours Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 27, 2024
Last Updated on September 27, 2024

Author

Vol
Vol

Gouge Eye, TX



About
My name is Vol Lindsey. I live in Gouge Eye, Texas, a tiny ghost town on Rt. 66. I am a retired creative writing, English literature teacher. I have been writing poetry and reading publicly since 196.. more..

Writing
TRUE FICTION TRUE FICTION

A Poem by Vol


THRILLER THRILLER

A Poem by Vol


THIRSTY THIRSTY

A Poem by Vol